Citroen C3 battery warning light

Has anyone had the battery warning light and audible alarm come on when driving a Citroen C3?

This has happened twice on my car now, both times whilst driving. I've had the alternator and battery tested professionally, and both are supposed to be ok according to the garage.

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance

I've not got a Citreon but had a similar thing with a Mondeo, particularly on higher revs. Both battery and alternator tested ok. So just ignored it (probably wrong thing to do, but what are you to do when told all is fine). A month later alternator packed in. So my advice would be get them checked again a week later. Could be an early sign alternators going but still giving enough charge to pass a check. But like I said only came on when revs were high. Seemed to be charging fine at lower revs. But I'm no mechanic so don't assume that it is the same problem.

Edited by steroc

Hi, Thanks for your answer.

I've had the battery and alternator checked again a week after. They have driven the car with a voltmeter on the battery, and according to the garage everything is ok. This does seem to be a specific issue with the Citroen C3? I can't find anyone who has gotten to the bottom of it.

Have you recently had the battery off? Try a BSI reset:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Hi,

We purchased the car about two months ago. The battery problem started after this period. In this time the battery has not been taken off the vehicle.

Does ensure all doors are "closed" mean locked??

Apart from this reset, can you suggest anything else it could be. It seems to be a very difficult one to diagnose. The car is still under warranty for the next two weeks but the garage doesn't know what it is.

Best wishes