Labour MP Arrested After Headbutting A Tory During Commons Bar Fight

I am wondering why he was drunk at work:suspect:

Wait I have worked it out-its because a bar is not a workplace!:D

Brings the whole top totty thing into perspective:thumbsup:

It said in the metro the bar was usually full of labour mps but the guy decided there were too many tories in there that day! That explains labours economic policies.....(hides under desk)

I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if someone else has already mentioned this.

Alcohol is heavily subsidised at Westminster with a pint of bitter costing, on average £2.40 (half of what it costs in some London bars).

For every ten pounds an MP spends in the bar, we the tax payer contribute another £7.

Nice little place for a pint or two, eh?

If you look back, you will see I have stated there is inexcusable behaviour in all parties of the commons and you will also see that I made my feelings clear about the assault. However, my previous posts are in response to some, who I won't name, that seem to insist it's only labour that is infested with morally corrupt politicians.

Oh come on. Name names.

Prescott was attacked first. That incident did do wonders for the "common man" image though.

Interesting that the MP in this incident was actually arrested - must have been some brawl he was trying to start!

Does the ermine help with that one? It hurts my brain to hear him and see him in the get up at the same time:hihi:

If you had a massive bundle between the Tories and Labour the Tories would win EVERY time though. Labour would be too busy trying to talk about their rights and work out how the fight could be correctly structured to take into ensure each fightee was not discriminated against and that the equality and diversity of participants was respected whilst the Tories would be pasting them.

:hihi:I enjoyed that!

I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if someone else has already mentioned this.

Alcohol is heavily subsidised at Westminster with a pint of bitter costing, on average £2.40 (half of what it costs in some London bars).

For every ten pounds an MP spends in the bar, we the tax payer contribute another £7.

Nice little place for a pint or two, eh?

It is difficult to see how that would amount to a subsidy. I can buy draught beer for under £1/pint in 9 gallon casks. So they are selling it for at least twice what they are paying for it. I suppose the only thing that could be considered as a subsidy would be heating, staffing, and cost of premises. But I suppose you need to balance that against what it would cost in security if ministers nipped into the local bars when they were entertaining members of the Canadian Parliament.

Silly boy.

Here's another one.

The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 suggests that you're completely wrong.

Out of date my old fruit. The DDA was replaced by the 2011 Equality act. This act stops employers putting disabled people at a disadvantage and prevents victimisation. It enables the disabled/disadvantaged to work, draw LESS benefits and maintain their dignity and self esteem. The Torys want to dilute the act "To make it easier to dismiss disabled people" I am a disabled WORKER, I dont draw any benefits, I only asked for a blue badge for parking because I was having to park too far from my work and it was agony walking the 200 yards to my job. I have had to use the act in the course of my employment so I do know what I am talking about.

Dont be a prat all your life Tony, have a day off !!!:rolleyes:

Archived