Labour MP Arrested After Headbutting A Tory During Commons Bar Fight

I'd like to see Mecky, Wednesday1 and the other Labour spin doctors on here explain this one.

What's to explain?

A stupid MP acted stupidly

He was acting on his own account when he did whatever he did - not as a representative of the Labour Party - if he is also a member of the RAC does it bring shame on that organisation as well?

I doubt it is official Labour policy to headbutt Coalition MPs - they may win more votes if it was - so it isn't something Labour supporters need to justify or defend

How the party deals with him, on the other hand, is.

Not the best advert for Labour. Just a bunch of bad losers. And not the first time either and not confined to the bar. In Feb 2011 Labour MPs led by a former union rep jeered and pulled faces while a disabled Tory MP tried to make a speech in the house of commons. The MP has cerebral palsy which impairs his speech. The Labour MPs all knew that but still howled at him. Labour politicians are a national disgrace. A bunch of ignorant, vile, deadheads with no redeeming features.

Unlike good old Cameron and his ageist and sexist insults fired at the opposition. Yes, a great example to set :roll:

One incident by one MP, hardly an indictment on the Labour party.

If it were a Tory MP who had done this, the lefties on here could not have hidden their delight and would be whooping and hollering with a big splattering of their favourite preschool style slogans "Nasty Tories", "Nasty Party", "Tory Bully Boys" etc. FACT!

--

What's to explain?

A stupid MP acted stupidly

He was acting on his own account when he did whatever he did - not as a representative of the Labour Party - if he is also a member of the RAC does it bring shame on that organisation as well?

You speak a lot of sense, but the people who have taken such glee from attacking the Conservatives whenever a Tory MP commits a crime, will have to take this as a blow against the whole Labour party, or else look like hypocrites.

There are several forum members who spend an awful lot of time attacking the Tory party on the grounds of its members' personal lives. Those people, at least, cannot now claim "Ah but it's just his personal life, it doesn't reflect on Labour" since they can't have it both ways.

There are several forum members who spend an awful lot of time attacking the Tory party on the grounds of its members' personal lives. Those people, at least, cannot now claim "Ah but it's just his personal life, it doesn't reflect on Labour" since they can't have it both ways.

Very true - sad, but true - I'm all for a bit of adversarial political debate, but play ground insults and nicknames, and petty comments based on perceived Party lines don't interest me

Whilst I would prefer my MP not to headbutt anyone he/she doesn't agree with, I'm more interested in how they vote in the Commons lobby rather than how they act in the Commons bar (or the privacy of their mistress' home)

If it were a Tory MP who had done this, the lefties on here could not have hidden their delight and would be whooping and hollering with a big splattering of their favourite preschool style slogans "Nasty Tories", "Nasty Party", "Tory Bully Boys" etc. FACT!

--

On another recent thread I gave the example of the 80 year old Labour member who was beaten up and thrown out of the Labour Party Conference for calling Jack Straw's speech on Iraq nonsense. Not content with that they had him arrested under anti terror laws. Nice touch.

Labour politicians are a vile bunch of sad losers who can't take criticism.

--

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, John Prescott punched a member of the public and if anything it helped Labour secure and election victory!

On another recent thread I gave the example of the 80 year old Labour member who was beaten up and thrown out of the Labour Party Conference for calling Jack Straw's speech on Iraq nonsense. Not content with that they had him arrested under anti terror laws. Nice touch.

Labour politicians are a vile bunch of sad losers who can't take criticism.

How many Labour MPs are they and how many have been known to beat people up in return of critical comments?

Do you not see, not everyone is the same so to tar people with the same brush is a tad unfair. There are some bad MPs and there are an awful lot of good ones, across all parties.

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, John Prescott punched a member of the public and if anything it helped Labour secure and election victory!

Prescott was attacked first. That incident did do wonders for the "common man" image though.

Interesting that the MP in this incident was actually arrested - must have been some brawl he was trying to start!

It appears he has been suspended by the labour party.

If he's kicked out of Parliament, it could save the country a few bob:

"In 2009, it emerged he was Britain's most expensive member of Parliament after claiming £187,334 in expenses in 2007/08.

Last year, he became the first MP to claim more than £200,000 in expenses in one year."

Archived