• male and not interested in quitting
    • male and would like to quit
    • female 16-50 and smoke
    • female over 50 and smoke
    • female and never smoked
    • female and successfully quit
    • female and not interested in quitting
    • female and would like to quit
    • does/did one or both of your parents smoke?
    • if your parents smoked did they suffer with health problems due to smoking?
    • if you smoke have you suffered any health problems due to smoking?

I am female over 50 and have never smoked and never even tried one, the I hate the smell of it.

Both my parents smoked, though my dad did stop for the last 10 years or so of his life, he had heart problems and died 33 years ago at the age of 56. My mum never stopped, never wanted to. She had been hospitalised several times with heart problems and for the 3 or 4 weeks she was in she never smoked but the minute she walked through the front door she lit up and started again. She died 4 years ago at the age of 74.

I have one brother and one sister and my brother like me has never liked smoking, hates the smell and will not sit at a table in a pub with an ashtray on the table, yet his wife smokes. My sister has smoked since she was 13.

MrC used to smoke but he stopped many years ago.

My Bold

No one does in todays world since its been banned in pubs for god knows how long now

I am female over 50 and have never smoked and never even tried one, the I hate the smell of it.

Both my parents smoked, though my dad did stop for the last 10 years or so of his life, he had heart problems and died 33 years ago at the age of 56. My mum never stopped, never wanted to. She had been hospitalised several times with heart problems and for the 3 or 4 weeks she was in she never smoked but the minute she walked through the front door she lit up and started again. She died 4 years ago at the age of 74.

I have one brother and one sister and my brother like me has never liked smoking, hates the smell and will not sit at a table in a pub with an ashtray on the table, yet his wife smokes. My sister has smoked since she was 13.

MrC used to smoke but he stopped many years ago.

this is similar to my story curriechick, never smoked...both parents did and suffered dad died heart attack age 67 in 99 mum emphasema age 66 in 2005 :(

Archived