Meditation MEGATHREAD

The primary spirital teacher, I would say, is your own being, and being in tune with the universe around you, if you quieten the mind, you can hear it prompt you. Follow it.

This is really good advice and something I wholeheartedly encourage.

You have all the answers inside yourself; you just need to learn to listen :)

if the chattering mind is ego who's "us"

Very good question. You don't know who you are.

One thing is certain and that is you are not the chattering mind that Tolle also calls "painbody".

Who sees that chattering mind?

It is not something marketable or competitive. It does not belief in lies, dreams, fantasy's.

Laughter, love, sharing , are its roads. Even when a zenmaster hits his disciple he does it with extreme love and care.

Meditation wakes the witnessing energy watching the outside world. It is a lot more interesting than what most sleepwalking people call life out there.

if the chattering mind is ego who's "us"

You could say, un-thinking awareness, that which is conscious of our thoughts.

Though, 'us', 'I' etc, are also just intellectual constructs, as are all words. To quieten thinking mind and experience your bieng as awareness. I dont think many people do that, they're forever reacting to their thoughts.

This is really good advice and something I wholeheartedly encourage.

You have all the answers inside yourself; you just need to learn to listen :)

Thanks Karis, also, just like to say there can be a danger in following other spiritual leaders and disregarding your own connection to the answers inside yourself.

Well, not saying it's bad to listen and consider what they have to say, and contrast that with your own inner experience. It's just when if start to disregard your own inner experience, if you lose self-trust etc.

Another vote for Alan Watts here too. He makes a lot of sense to me.

Very good question. You don't know who you are.

One thing is certain and that is you are not the chattering mind that Tolle also calls "painbody".

Who sees that chattering mind?

It is not something marketable or competitive. It does not belief in lies, dreams, fantasy's.

Laughter, love, sharing , are its roads. Even when a zenmaster hits his disciple he does it with extreme love and care.

Meditation wakes the witnessing energy watching the outside world. It is a lot more interesting than what most sleepwalking people call life out there.

I thought pain-body, in Tolle land, was a different entity to thinking mind. Isn't it an emotional reaction system, or something like that? Our tendency to react like for like with the energy that comes to us.

I could be wrong...

Thanks Karis, also, just like to say there can be a danger in following other spiritual leaders and disregarding your own connection to the answers inside yourself.

This is exactly what I've been saying on this very thread. This is a personal issue and what works for one (even a prescribed method) isn't necessarily right for another.

This is exactly what I've been saying on this very thread. This is a personal issue and what works for one (even a prescribed method) isn't necessarily right for another.

But surely that depends what you're looking for? Some people want more concentration, some want a nice fluffy awareness, some use it is a bride to other things etc etc.

So depending on your goal one 'method' could be the right thing for you. To my mind it isn't a (tried and tested' method that's at fault but it being wrongly diagnosed as a method to a particular result? Does that make sense?

But surely that depends what you're looking for? Some people want more concentration, some want a nice fluffy awareness, some use it is a bride to other things etc etc.

Then you should be working with that person to achieve a personal method and not administering a prescriptive approach.

Then you should be working with that person to achieve a personal method and not administering a prescriptive approach.

Not come across you for a while, you can meditate with constipation but not with diarrhoea.

Still Skari though. :))).

Archived