Meditation MEGATHREAD

Well, I am very sure, as with a lot of things, it all boils down to individual persistance, practice, merit etc. We all know were we ourselves are at on the journey, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, other than where I merit being.

What is right and appropriate for one, may not be so for another; and we may find many people ahead of us, and they deserve to be, for they have put in the work, while we sat on our fat asses!?

Sorry, feeling a little houmorous today! ;-)

My intention is not to be confrontational, I merely disagree with what you are saying. As you disagree with me.

Actually, you seem to disagree with an awful lot of people. I'm not sensing any of the inner calm associated with spiritual development.

That is some food for thought :)

What is right and appropriate for one, may not be so for another; and we may find many people ahead of us, and they deserve to be, for they have put in the work, while we sat on our fat asses!?

Oi! My ass isn't fa...

Oh hang on. Darn it! Carry on.

Nothing to see here.

I was in sri lanka in 1982 waldo staying in that lovely mystical costal town of gaul for a couple of months

as for the monks auras they usually came into being on the first two front seats of the local public bus (remember the painted logos near the front seats?)

which are reserved for the exclusive use of monks,the number of times I felt like kicking their arses when old people and cripples have had to give up their seats for monks half their age...

Oh sure, a lot of the seemed quite prone to hustle and bustle, petty bickering, jostling for some advantage etc. That's a totally different kettle of fish, to monk who is actually spiritually developed. Totally different; though they may look the same (orange robes etc).

Actually, you seem to disagree with an awful lot of people. I'm not sensing any of the inner calm associated with spiritual development.

That is some food for thought :)

From which I will eat.

I am aware I disagree with people, far more often than I post about, but I alwaus try (even if i don't succeed to try anf explain why I disagree.

Maybe an internet forum isn't the best place to gague inner calm, you will fond this hatd to believe but I am usually criticised for being too calm and laid back.

Anyway need to go for a while, I will rejoin the conversation later, thanks for the thought food

Hi Patricia,

I have used meditation for most of my adult life.

I discovered it when I read a book called Healing with Mind Power, decided to try it and found it really worked.

I have used it to get through many a difficult time when I have been afraid or sad and it has never let me down, With practice it gets quicker and easier to use.

hazel

From which I will eat.

I am aware I disagree with people, far more often than I post about, but I alwaus try (even if i don't succeed to try anf explain why I disagree.

Maybe an internet forum isn't the best place to gague inner calm, you will fond this hatd to believe but I am usually criticised for being too calm and laid back.

I'm merely saying that from your post history there are a lot reactions than there are calm posts (remember your first postings about God?)

I think that an Internet forum is often a great way to judge a person as much that is written comes direct and uncensored from a poster's brain.

It's not always right, but generally, when you consider a person's posting history you can generally make up a pretty decent assessment of a person.

I wouldn't take it all so seriously :)

Hi Patricia,

I have used meditation for most of my adult life.

I discovered it when I read a book called Healing with Mind Power, decided to try it and found it really worked.

I have used it to get through many a difficult time when I have been afraid or sad and it has never let me down, With practice it gets quicker and easier to use.

hazel

I shall look this book up, and its author. :)

I'm merely saying that from your post history there are a lot reactions than there are calm posts (remember your first postings about God?)

I think that an Internet forum is often a great way to judge a person as much that is written comes direct and uncensored from a poster's brain.

It's not always right, but generally, when you consider a person's posting history you can generally make up a pretty decent assessment of a person.

I wouldn't take it all so seriously :)

So from my post count, can you tell that I talk a lot in real life ?:)

Archived