Meditation MEGATHREAD

Try having a noisy, hectic or over-active day. Every day.

Then spend an hour in a hot bath with the lights off and a single candle lit. It's bliss.

I kind of struggle with that because I can always hear the extractor fan or the plumbing in our house or the cat downstairs or cars outside or the lady next door. Perhaps I am trying to achieve silence in places that are too noisy.

Smoker's breathing is quite good too. Inhale through nose slowly, hold it (without closing up your tubes) and then exhale slowly through pursed lips.

With eyes closed, imagine exhaling grey smoke that gets thinner and thinner with each exhalation until nothing but purest air is coming out.

Smoker's breathing is quite good too. Inhale through nose slowly, hold it (without closing up your tubes) and then exhale slowly through pursed lips.

With eyes closed, imagine exhaling grey smoke that gets thinner and thinner with each exhalation until nothing but purest air is coming out.

Your'e disgusting.:hihi:

Your'e disgusting.:hihi:

This is part of the reason smoking can have a calming effect in spite of nicotine being a stimulant - it's because the breathing pattern many smokers adopt is naturally relaxing.

Of course the idea is to do this without a cigarette.

This breathing pattern, I imagine, also has its counterparts in eastern occultism, and will have a suitably sounding exotic name.

This is part of the reason smoking can have a calming effect in spite of nicotine being a stimulant - it's because the breathing pattern many smokers adopt is naturally relaxing.

Of course the idea is to do this without a cigarette.

This breathing pattern, I imagine, also has its counterparts in eastern occultism, and will have a suitably sounding exotic name.

I expect you will know the exotic name,but as you are aware we like to keep the language simple on here.;)

As for me, I am perfectly happy with the simple technique other posters have advised on,and now its having very positive effects.I'm very happy to report on that.

I agree smoking is relaxing though,but its a habit,i don't wish to return to.

I expect you will know the exotic name,but as you are aware we like to keep the language simple on here.;)

As for me, I am perfectly happy with the simple technique other posters have advised on,and now its having very positive effects.I'm very happy to report on that.

I agree smoking is relaxing though,but its a habit,i don't wish to return to.

And now that cigarettes have gone up with the budget, thats more reason to give it up.

Archived