Meditation MEGATHREAD

What you should do is try out some guided meditation first. Instead of doing it by yourself. I don't know about some of you but some very dark things have happened to me and even after ten years of meditation it can freak me out sometimes if I've been subconciously dwelling on those. So it's always good to have someone to snap you out of it the first few times until you learn to do it yourself.

Thanks guys! I'm defiitely going to go to the meditation class on a Monday I'm free at that time on a Monday so it'll be worth a try...

Is there anywhere online that I can read about how to do it?

I have a book but (and this just shows WHY I need to meditate) I don't have the patience to read it!

i'm hoping to get to the meditation session at the cathedral on the first monday after bank holiday - i've been trying to get for the last 4 weeks but haven't been able to!

i'm hoping to get to the meditation session at the cathedral on the first monday after bank holiday - i've been trying to get for the last 4 weeks but haven't been able to!

I think you are right to go to a group session first, as there will be a proper teacher there. Then when you get used to it, you can do it at home. I have just started doing it again, and it really is very mind focusing.

this is an interesting thead :)

I read the OP and was going to respond that I found Tae Kwon Do a great way of focussing the mind and forgetting about the things that were less serious than the foot heading for your head.... then I noticed the sig on the first person to reply :D

Group meditation at the cathedral.... I suspect that in this day and age we've forgotten how prayer can focus the mind and clear our thoughts - but then we're prone to asking god for something now in this age of consumerism. Even those of us who don't really believe are prone to utter 'please god' in times of exceptionally high stress ;)

this is an interesting thead :)

I read the OP and was going to respond that I found Tae Kwon Do a great way of focussing the mind and forgetting about the things that were less serious than the foot heading for your head.... then I noticed the sig on the first person to reply :D

Group meditation at the cathedral.... I suspect that in this day and age we've forgotten how prayer can focus the mind and clear our thoughts - but then we're prone to asking god for something now in this age of consumerism. Even those of us who don't really believe are prone to utter 'please god' in times of exceptionally high stress ;)

What is that Tae Kwon Do ?

Archived