Meditation MEGATHREAD

WOW its actually taken me 2 days to get through all this thread :hihi:

but it has been a brilliant read, and has made me want to start meditating again. i do have a go every few months or so but the fact i always end up asleep put me off. the last time was a couple of weeks ago in my office :hihi: good job it was only my son that was gorpin at me through the window.

Its a great thread.I must confess i havn't always stuck to regular mediation excercises much to my shame,because i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others having read so much on the subject now,as well as hearing about the benifits from Pattricia,PaliRichard and others.

I know that when i do practice it i always feel much better for doing so, why i don't do it on a daily basis i just don't know, thats just me,always good at telling people to do what i should be doing myself. .:roll:

What i do think though is that there will have been many people who have viewed this thread that would not have heard much about meditation before and will have found it really useful even though they don't post comments.Also once people have the information even though they may not practice now they're may come a time when they feel they will need to.

i think your right, a few folks have probebly got some inspiration ( if they managed the whole thread LOL )

i think the problem i have been having all these years was i only ever did the full opening up chakra then journeying so while watching my own little film always nodded off. no probs at all doing this in a circle with other people though. so yesterday i tried the counting breaths way and

woohoooo i didnt slither off my office chair snoring :hihi::hihi:

A good opportunity to meditate is on public transport! To/from work, people assume you are catching up on some shut eye. You will find fewer places that test your concentration, and in the end that is one of the main focuses of meditation. Especially mindfulness, which is to maintain a meditative state throughout the day.

A good opportunity to meditate is on public transport! To/from work, people assume you are catching up on some shut eye. You will find fewer places that test your concentration, and in the end that is one of the main focuses of meditation. Especially mindfulness, which is to maintain a meditative state throughout the day.

I should imagine the swaying of the Supertram is quite relaxing.

Like I say, no better place to practice concentration. If you can concentrate on the supertram, you will be laser focused silent in a room by yourself.

Spot on !! Ive started meditating as the passenger in a car, and its quite hard to concentrate.

I haven't really meditated for a long time, I reached a kind of equanimity in my late 20's which has remained with me (so far).

I know of a very easy way to meditate though, but it involves quite a large piece of apparatus. I have a home gym (garage converted with 2nd hand equipment from ebay :thumbsup:), one of the things I have in there is an inversion table, I found when I started using it that when i tilt at about this angle or slightly less, and just relax, you automatically go into something like meditation mode. I think it's that once the world is upside down, not much of it is relevant to your train of thought. Your thoughts become blank easier.

From my experience, anyway.

I haven't really meditated for a long time, I reached a kind of equanimity in my late 20's which has remained with me (so far).

I know of a very easy way to meditate though, but it involves quite a large piece of apparatus. I have a home gym (garage converted with 2nd hand equipment from ebay :thumbsup:), one of the things I have in there is an inversion table, I found when I started using it that when i tilt at about this angle or slightly less, and just relax, you automatically go into something like meditation mode. I think it's that once the world is upside down, not much of it is relevant to your train of thought. Your thoughts become blank easier.

From my experience, anyway.

Its funny but I just knew you were going to mention an inversion table. Something I have always wanted but never bought. I think the relaxation comes about with this equipment, by the stretching of the spine.

Archived