Meditation MEGATHREAD

I think you are right to go to a group session first, as there will be a proper teacher there. Then when you get used to it, you can do it at home. I have just started doing it again, and it really is very mind focusing.

i've meditated in a group setting before, at the FWBO and also a Zen meditation course, but i've never been able to make it part of my daily life.

Thanks all...

Pattricia I too had looked at tai chi but due to health reasons have terrible balance. This is actually a physiological issue so not much I can do about it!

I can't do Tae Kwon Do unfortunately, I need something that isn't physically exerting as I'm not even able to yoga/pilates, hence my idea of meditation!

Thanks all...

Pattricia I too had looked at tai chi but due to health reasons have terrible balance. This is actually a physiological issue so not much I can do about it!

I can't do Tae Kwon Do unfortunately, I need something that isn't physically exerting as I'm not even able to yoga/pilates, hence my idea of meditation!

You can get meditation tapes and books to do at home.I just get them from the library. Well worth going in to,Lotti.

woo I just found one of my relaxation tapes I thought I had lost forever. If you want to try it out before you take classes and whatnot I can see if I have a blank cassette to copy it to. It's like guided meditation.

I'm thinking of taking up meditation (don't laugh).

Nothing to laugh at. Meditation can help you in many ways both in mental and physical activities.

The mind has great power if only you can direct it to the task in hand.

Meditation is just another skill and can be learnt but to get to a state where your mind is free of your body and things around you takes a while to learn.

If you ever get there you will be amazed by the abilities it gives you.

I've done all sorts from out of body experiences to physical feats I would never have done without meditation.

I was trained to lay down on two tables. My head on one and my ankles on the other. I was able to have a 16 stone bloke sit on me and still hold there with no stain on my body.

Don't knock the power of the mind.

• 11 months later...

I've been watching the series, Alternative Therapies, and today's prog was about meditation.

I just wondered if anyone here meditated?

What kind of meditation it was?

How did you learn it?

Did you have to pay to learn it?

What are the benefits of meditating for you?

Would you recommend it to others?

Archived