Triton electric showers

Has anyone else had the same problem with Triton Showers that we have. We have had three Triton Showers over the last nine years, and each one has ended up having the same problem. The on/off switch is only plastic and where it engages on the back breaks, causing it not to turn on.

Yes absolutely, ours went wonky 3 days after the end of the years warranty so it wasn't covered so we bought a Mira shower afterwards and its lasted 9 years with no problems. Triton tend to have cheap inner components whereas for a little extra you get a better class of shower with a Mira. We have a zest which cost £99 from the plumb centre just off Penistone Road.

Thats my view however I would never buy one again

No, our problem was a reduction in power which resulted in lukewarm water.

Replacement was unfortunately by another triton slightly different layout, so it wouldn't 'drop in' to the old fittings.

Search for a good price they may not be too expensive. (Is I suppose for plastic bits!)

You can buy the parts cheaper on ebay, I get most of my spares on their be it for the freezer or whatever. A freezer draw and door handle from Zanussi costs a whopping £58.37 plus postage, on ebay both cost me £20.16 delivered and they are the genuine parts! bargain

We only stuck to Triton as it fitted the plumbing, but will not be buying another one. My husband can repair this problem by taking off the front panel and removing the On/Off knob and pushing in a new one. However this knob(which is worth about £2) cannot be bought alone and we have to replace the front panel which is expensive.We thought we had saved the previous panel which had one good knob on it, but cannot find it and although this shower is about 2 years old, I cannot find the receipt.As it happens we have another shower room which we are using until I at least receive a reply from Triton, which I will post on here.Thanks a lot for all your replies, but I was hoping to find other people with the same fault I.e. the shower does not turn on when turning the switch.

We only stuck to Triton as it fitted the plumbing, but will not be buying another one. My husband can repair this problem by taking off the front panel and removing the On/Off knob and pushing in a new one. However this knob(which is worth about £2) cannot be bought alone and we have to replace the front panel which is expensive.We thought we had saved the previous panel which had one good knob on it, but cannot find it and although this shower is about 2 years old, I cannot find the receipt.As it happens we have another shower room which we are using until I at least receive a reply from Triton, which I will post on here.Thanks a lot for all your replies, but I was hoping to find other people with the same fault I.e. the shower does not turn on when turning the switch.
... but the parts inside will usually have a date of manufacture on them, which will date it to within guarantee

If you paid for it with a card, you'll have a bank statement or credit card bill with it on, which is proof of purchase too

Thanks for all replies and suggestions. We did not pay by card, and cannot find a receipt. It came from Homebase at Crystal Peaks. We have not had a reply from Triton yet, so do not want to replace until we have heard from them. Will post their comments if and when they arrive.

Thankyou for your reply. I will send you an email direct, but have already written to the Manager at your Head Office with these details. This shower is a Triton Ivory 4, the previous one was a Triton Amber 3 and I feel sure that the one before that was a Triton 80. I have also bought a shower front complete with knobs from your depot at a cost of something like £27.00, The same fault has happened with all these showers, and we are a household of 2 retired people, so it does not get heavy use. If you read the post prior to yours, someone else has had the same problem. I wonder how many other people have had this problem but have not taken off the front off the shower to find out why it does not work, and have simply bought another shower. We really only need another knob, as a small piece of plastic has broken off the inside of the upper knob and this is needed to click the on/off and water switch on. Any help would be appreciated, we only built the house 9 years ago, so I know that all this has happened during that period of time.