Triton electric showers

• 2 years later...

My Triton Topaz shower has stopped working – no power, the power light is no longer illuminated.

The original problem was that the shower started leaking water from the base unit. I'd had the same problem 6 months earlier & replaced the pressure device which resolved the problem on that occasion. However on this occasion after replacing the pressure device I now find there was no power light so it seems something else has malfunctioned.

any advice appreciated

many thanks

My Triton Topaz shower has stopped working – no power, the power light is no longer illuminated.

The original problem was that the shower started leaking water from the base unit. I'd had the same problem 6 months earlier & replaced the pressure device which resolved the problem on that occasion. However on this occasion after replacing the pressure device I now find there was no power light so it seems something else has malfunctioned.

any advice appreciated

many thanks

Assuming it was fitted correctly, the shower should have it's own power supply direct from the fuse box.

Check the fuse!

any advice appreciated

many thanks

We had a similar problem to yours, but firstly ours was switching itself on and off, which was obviously very frustrating , and then it wouldn't come on at all. I rang Grand Designs who designed and fitted out bathrooms but were told I had to ring Triton direct which I did and it turned out the unit supplied was found to not be waterproof, therefore over the period of time we had used it the water had got to the inside and effected it all!!!! Ours was fitted in May 2013 so if yours is that sort of age it may be from a similar batch with the same problem.

Triton came out within a couple of days and fitted all the new necessary parts to ensure it wouldn't happen again, and fingers crossed we've had no further problems.

I hope you get yours sorted soon!!

We had a similar problem to yours, but firstly ours was switching itself on and off, which was obviously very frustrating , and then it wouldn't come on at all. I rang Grand Designs who designed and fitted out bathrooms but were told I had to ring Triton direct which I did and it turned out the unit supplied was found to not be waterproof, therefore over the period of time we had used it the water had got to the inside and effected it all!!!! Ours was fitted in May 2013 so if yours is that sort of age it may be from a similar batch with the same problem.

Triton came out within a couple of days and fitted all the new necessary parts to ensure it wouldn't happen again, and fingers crossed we've had no further problems.

I hope you get yours sorted soon!!

I've also has a problem with Triton showers. When we first moved into our house I bought a Triton (not a cheap one) and it lasted 1 year and 3 days so was 3 days over the warranty when it died. When the plumber came he fitted a Mira for less and it lasted 13 years and was used 2/3 times a day.

The plumber advised us at the time to avoid Triton as they were made very cheaply from cheap and inferior parts. I'm utterly amazed people still buy them as you can buy better made showers for less!.

We had another Mira fitted last year to replace the broken one, very happy and superb value for money unlike the inferior ones by Triton.

I also hope you get this issue sorted, ditch the Triton and buy a Mira:) they start from just £99

For what its worth, fitted dozens of tritons only had one fail within the 2 year guarantee,the engineer came within a week and exchanged it.they give very good value for money.

The "broken one" a few posts above is now fixed

Edited by butlers
spelling

I know a lot of people that have had a mega expensive and high in maintenance cost condensing boilers put in (most replacing very serviceable and almost as efficient in the real world existing boilers) and still use electric showers.

A thermostatic mixer is much tidier in the shower/ bath and it can help you get a bit nearer to the hypothetical savings you are supposed to get as water heating will give a lower return temperature to get down to condensing temperatures, otherwise you will have wasted money on the condenser. There is certainly less to go wrong with them (the thermostatic that is not the condenser).