The British don't want work..

...at least that's the usual claim from those defending our outrageous and unsustainable 'immigration policy'.

I've today heard from an impeccable source the following:

When Tesco applied for planning permission for the giant Savile Street store, Sheffield City Council would only grant said permission if Tesco 'employed 100 hundred staff from the local area' (Pitsmoor, Burngreave etc.).

Tesco liaised with the DWP to supply said staff from it's burgeoning ranks of unemployed and 100 were duly sent along.

Tesco complained that hardly any of the 100 could speak English and therefore would not be offered positions.

Now this is social engineering on a diabolical scale and something I hope the press look into.

...at least that's the usual claim from those defending our outrageous and unsustainable 'immigration policy'.

When Tesco applied for planning permission for the giant Savile Street store, Sheffield City Council would only grant said permission if Tesco 'employed 100 hundred staff from the local area' (Pitsmoor, Burngreave etc.).

Tesco liaised with the DWP to supply said staff from it's burgeoning ranks of unemployed and 100 were duly sent along.

Tesco complained that hardly any of the 100 could speak English and therefore would not be offered positions.

Now this is social engineering on a diabolical scale and something I hope the press look into.

No speak english no dole, simple. Unless of course you are willing to learn.

Which is?

Social engineering? How so?

I heard some of those who did get jobs and did turn up were then promptly sacked for nicking stuff. I suppose they are now back on their ample backsides soaking up my tax money and doing nothing. I hope Tesco called in SYPD.

I think it shows the desperation of the council to get the unemployable off their hands if they now only grant planning permission to anyone willing to take on the workshy. Of course, in the long it will just deter even more businesses from coming here.

My mate Trev,who is also an impeccable source,tells me that the Duke of Edinburgh is a lizard who is aiming on taking over the world.

I heard some of those who did get jobs and did turn up were then promptly sacked for nicking stuff. I suppose they are now back on their ample backsides soaking up my tax money and doing nothing. I hope Tesco called in SYPD.

Yes, because as you well know you can claim benefits after being sacked can't you!

I think it shows the desperation of the council to get the unemployable off their hands if they now only grant planning permission to anyone willing to take on the workshy. Of course, in the long it will just deter even more businesses from coming here.

It's not unusual to link large development with local jobs.

My mate Trev,who is also an impeccable source,tells me that the Duke of Edinburgh is a lizard who is aiming on taking over the world.

Ah! That old stand-by, the 'tin foil hat' defence!

Expecting the Usual Suspects to come on and stifle any debate, I have to say this well-reasoned and intelligent response is, well, pathetic.

Yes, because as you well know you can claim benefits after being sacked can't you!

'.and therefore would not be offered positions.'

Tell me, which part of this don't you understand?

Which is?

Der, that indigenous folk don't want this kind of job. Might help if they weren't stymied before the application process began.

Social engineering? How so?

Keep up. Nearly 40,000 posts (is that this week?) So if Tesco were to build a new store in an overwhelmingly white area, you'd have absolutely no problems with immigrants effectively being told not to bother applying? Thought not.

I get the feeling that if they could read and write in English, they would have realised the conditions they were being asked to work under were unfair and iniquitous.

Archived