The British don't want work..

More hearsay evidence to denigrate the poor,more generalisation and demonising.

Backed up by evidence:

Employers prefer workers from new EU states to 'lazy' Britons

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/employers-prefer-workers-from-new-eu-states-to-lazy-britons-476372.html

UK employment rose by 181,000 in 2010, including an increase of 163,000 among non-British citizens. Between 1997 and 2010, more than half of the net increase in UK employment was foreign nationals. Analysts say one reason is that British employers prefer Polish workers to unemployed British youth. There are about 550,000 Poles in the UK, more than the number of Irish residents (353,000) and Indian residents (327,000).

http://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=3713_0_4_0

In 1972 a young man of average intelligence (or even less than average) could easily get a job with total job security, could get somewhere to live and get married and have kids. He could afford to keep a wife and family. He had a feeling of self worth and dignity. This has changed drastically. It began with the Thatcher government, but every government since the bitch until now have sought to destroy peoples independence and job security.

This has resulted in a situation where only privileged people can make it. The person of average intelligence or below can no longer achieve, so they have given up. Governments have destroyed their dignity and motivation, then call them idle!

Foreigners on the other hand are strongly motivated. Most of them come here for a fast buck, then go home wealthier. I am working alongside a Pole now who is saving money , sending every penny home. His motivation is that within a few years he can buy his own place in Poland, where housing is much less expensive. Everything is expensive in England and we are taxed to the hilt. English workers cannot compete on an even playing field because our governments tax us to death and make everything unaffordable.

Foreigners on the other hand are strongly motivated. Most of them come here for a fast buck, then go home wealthier. I am working alongside a Pole now who is saving money , sending every penny home. His motivation is that within a few years he can buy his own place in Poland, where housing is much less expensive. Everything is expensive in England and we are taxed to the hilt.

I refer you to a previous answer-

They should man up then, educate themselves and their children so they're not having to compete with foreigners for jobs at Tesco's

..or are you suggesting we should celebrate indolence?

I am working alongside a Pole now who is saving money , sending every penny home. His motivation is that within a few years he can buy his own place in Poland, where housing is much less expensive.

Where's he buying a house, property prices have rocketed in Poland since accession, it's the only EU country with a growing economy?

I doubt a Pole could live here and save enough to buy a house.

Where's he buying a house, property prices have rocketed in Poland since accession, it's the only EU country with a growing economy?

I doubt a Pole could live here and save enough to buy a house.

Doubt it if you wish. It happens to be true however.

Yet you are unable to supply details, Mmmmmmm.

He points out that there is lots of spare land in Poland and not many older houses. Apparently the Nazis destroyed half of the housing during the invasion and the Russians destroyed the other half kicking them out. He intends to buy land and build. He reckons on £30, 000 for a good house.

Archived