Any ideas please on meeting new people?

Hi everyone, does anyone have any ideas how I can meet new friends and/or expand my social circle?

Most of my friends I know from work, a lot of my other friends have moved away or I lost touch with them when I split up with my ex :(

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Look in the Group section.

If you are interested in anything most groups organise socials and at least you'll have a common interest rather than just attending a general pub meet (which are perfectly great).

I actually started the walking group 6 years ago because, like you, I wanted to expand my social circle. You will not believe how many lives have been changed because of it, how many friendships made, marriages, etc

Also generally being a keen forummer with a friendly and helpful outlook will make you new friends. If you post interesting stuff people will want to get to know you, PM you, invite you out to meets etc.

Best advice - get involved. Best thing I ever did!!

Person to Person. A company in Minehead produce a monthly magazine designed to help people to contact future friends. They've been going since 1984. I can recommend them but I have not got their telephone number handy. They'll send you a free sample magazine. The company and phone number could be googled.

Archived