Attercliffe, maltby st school

sandra12

hi shem, i did'nt know any of graham's family sorry. thanks for letting me know about betty holt i had'nt heard, having moved away many years ago i do'nt hear about any of my old mates, i've learnt a bit since i jioned the forum ,thanks to you all

hi rivelin6 my sisters went to maltby st in the 30s dorothy and doreen shemeld we lived on Brompton road mybrother and i started in 1942

I will ask my Dad when I see him. He lived on Titterton Street, Newark Street and Amberley Road whilst there. The latter was his grandma's house.

• 1 month later...
hi, i was born in holbeck st off whitworth lane in 1944, i went to maltby st school and left when was 15, i have an older brian sheldon and my best mates were francis cauldwell, betty smith and cath baker. schoolmates were sandra and betty holt, janet marsden graham parkin. pat fothergill and rita cualdwell lived on our street can anyone remember any of us and where they are nowattercliffe

Hiya Sandra. You may/may not remember me but I KNOW you will remember my brothers, maybe one more than the other!. My name was Jacqueline and my brothers are David and Keith Rogerson. David is sat here with me now - he lives at Handsworth but is here most of the time and Keith who calls every Tues, lives at Gleadless (he was widowed in February and our David in 1998). I was widowed after just 18mths of marriage and was left with my baby daughter. I have remained widowed (never found anyone as good as my husband) and I live at Intake. My daughter and her partner bought the house adjoining mine 8 years ago and have a gorgeous little girl aged 4 and they are expecting the birth of their son on 8th June. Me thinks I might be selling my own house now - a bit too close for comfort hahaha. Only kidding!

Well Sandra I don't know if to thank you or not for putting this on Sheffield Forum as the whole time I've been writing this reply to you, David's been rambling on and on about the 'old days' and I don't remember half the people he goes on about!!!! If you reply, I'll give you my email address. Best Wishes Sandra (and there's a booming voice telling me to say Ta-Ra too). Jackie xxx

• 4 weeks later...

HI I am looking for an old army buddy of my dads. He is called Brian Parkin and comes from Maltby. He was in rge Army and served in Germany in the 1970's. Ot would be about 67/8 now. It was be a long shot but you never know. So any help would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
HI I am looking for an old army buddy of my dads. He is called Brian Parkin and comes from Maltby. He was in rge Army and served in Germany in the 1970's. Ot would be about 67/8 now. It was be a long shot but you never know. So any help would be appreciated.

Maltby Street School is/was in Attercliffe, Sheffield 9 though....nothing to do with Maltby.:)

• 4 weeks later...

hi

i am looking for information on my family history both sides are from attercliffe my gt grandparents owned a chip shop on the corner of coleridge rd, up to around 1960 (they did own one some where else near there before this one but sold it )they were called truelove. also my other gt grand parents lived at 17 whitworth lane in 1930 they were called originally ivison when on swan street then Housley and owned a small shop, if anyone has any info please let me know

• 1 month later...

There was fish & chip shop that closed in the early 60s on the corner of Coleridge Road & Glave St. Wonder if that is the one you mention? I was too young to remember the owners though. Also, my great grandparents lived on Whitworth Lane in the 30s. Not sure on the number but it was next door but one to the police station. Family name was Feetham. Will ask my parents if they recall your family.

Archived