The ultimate torment - children's squeaky shoes!

I was having lunch in a cafe with my friend yesterday, she'd brought along her 2 year old granddaughter, who was behaving like a dream. There was another child of a similar age, who was running about a bit. Even though the café was busy, his mother seemed unconcerned that it might be irritating for the other customers.

It was especially irritating as he had squeakers in his shoes! Can someone tell me why a parent would buy them?

Sure it wasn't just rubber soled shoes squeaking on a polished floor? I can't imagine anybody buying shoes for their child with squeakers in, unless they're only allowed to be worn in public places to annoy other people. Maybe they were a gift from an evil aunt?

Sure it wasn't just rubber soled shoes squeaking on a polished floor? I can't imagine anybody buying shoes for their child with squeakers in, unless they're only allowed to be worn in public places to annoy other people. Maybe they were a gift from an evil aunt?

Childrens shoes?

Squeaking. Flashing. Toys inside. No sole to speak of. No upper to speak of. Wheels!

Anything other than good support and room to grow.

Bloody animal tracks have a lot to answer for.

Flashing, toys inside & wheels I can understand, but noisy shoes? What parent would buy those for their own child?

Lots of kids shoes have soles made out of cheap plastic/rubber, they squeak on shiny floors. Kids learn how to make them squeak more. That was the best I had when I were a lad. I'd have done anything for really noisy shoes when I was 2, I'm jealous.

Squeaking shoes seem pretty useful to me. I first came across them in Nepal, where you'll often see toddlers around where their parents are working - they let you hear where your kind is so you can keep track of them easier without having to watch them all the time.

I was having lunch in a cafe with my friend yesterday, she'd brought along her 2 year old granddaughter, who was behaving like a dream. There was another child of a similar age, who was running about a bit. Even though the café was busy, his mother seemed unconcerned that it might be irritating for the other customers.

It was especially irritating as he had squeakers in his shoes! Can someone tell me why a parent would buy them?

Wow! lets ban childhood so adults are not disturbed. kids are kids love, it dont last. mine grandkids run all over the club when we have em, they love it.

Nope, you can actually buy children's shoes with built in squeakers. Like these: http://www.hopnsqueak.co.uk/

I'm just glad my son and d-i-l would never buy them for the grandchildren. There are plenty of other ways for toddlers to make noise, but there's a time and place IMO. Outside mainly. :roll:

Childrens shoes?

Squeaking. Flashing. Toys inside. No sole to speak of. No upper to speak of. Wheels!

Anything other than good support and room to grow.

Bloody animal tracks have a lot to answer for.

Animal tracks :hihi:

Pathfinders....my brother had them in the late 1960's...with a compass in the heel....and the animal tracks on sole. :D

Nope, you can actually buy children's shoes with built in squeakers. Like these: http://www.hopnsqueak.co.uk/

I'm just glad my son and d-i-l would never buy them for the grandchildren. There are plenty of other ways for toddlers to make noise, but there's a time and place IMO. Outside mainly. :roll:

It wasn't like that in my day, we were lucky if we had any shoes at all, I only got any when my big sister grew out of hers & passed them down.

Anybody that uses Comic Sans MS on a website & makes squeaky shoes should be tarred & feathered.

Wow! lets ban childhood so adults are not disturbed. kids are kids love, it dont last. mine grandkids run all over the club when we have em, they love it.

You obviously couldn't give a **** about spoiling someone elses evening then.

What with disrupting the Bingo with a scousers laffter too. :hihi:

Archived