Tunisian cigarettes allowed in kid's luggage

But they will still be as guilty. The allowance is 200 per adult, and the children are not adults.

Right!

I agree. If the allowance is as you say,then it's not right.

But,if you can bring in a lot more,and you need the space,then i don't see a problem in using all the cases.

It don't seem too bad if all the cases are bog-standard!But, maybe it would'nt seem right if you stock up in kiddy cases(the ones shaped like animals that the kids can sit on)

Is that the quota you are allowed to bring in from anywhere outside the UK?

From non-EU countries, yes - or at least, as far as I know there are no exceptions.

From EU countries, you can bring in as much as you want provided it's for your own personal use, but in practice it isn't you who decide what is for your own personal use, it is Customs - if they believe you're going to sell them on, they take them away from you.

Although its illegal and if caught the customs guys will take the excess off of you, if the fags are cheap enough then it may be worth taking 200 each. Kids or no kids, I've brought back more than my allowance in the past.

They would take the whole amount, not just the excess

Archived