Is a book really worth all this?

Is a burnt book reason enough for all this violence?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is a burnt book reason enough for all this violence?

• Yes
    • No

It may be important to some but seriously, is a book worth all this killing?

12 killed yesterday, another today, score of people injured.

5 days of protests because some paper was accidentally (or so they say) burned, how many more will die, how much longer will this go on for?

Will these people ever get a sense of perspective?

And on another note, can we have a whip round for Moran to have spelling lessons?

Also, If some kind mod is passing can they kindly change the spelling of violence in the question please :D

Thanks.

It may be important to some but seriously, is a book worth all this killing?

12 killed yesterday, another today, score of people injured.

5 days of protests because some paper was accidentally (or so they say) burned, how many more will die, how much longer will this go on for?

Will these people ever get a sense of perspective?

I think you might be trivializing the issue by saying merely ‘a book’. It’s much much bigger than that. But I do think that even the ideas in that book, and all other holly books, have been corrupted so such an extend as to make the ‘books’ themselves worth very little.

Ps-you might need more option in your polls. ‘Yes’ and ‘no’ on their own don’t cover it. I, for example, don’t agree with either.

I think you might be trivializing the issue by saying merely ‘a book’. It’s much much bigger than that. But I do think that even the ideas in that book, and all other holly books, have been corrupted so such an extend as to make the ‘books’ themselves worth very little.

Ps-you might need more option in your polls. ‘Yes’ and ‘no’ on their own don’t cover it. I, for example, don’t agree with either.

Its either right that people have died or its wrong.

I agree i may be trivializing it a little, not deliberatly i must stress but when all said and done it is just a book.

A collection of pages put together by man, for whatever reason.

Its totaly madness that someone, anyone would put the value of a bit of paper (no matter how pecious to them) above the lives of real walking talking breathing humans!!

Its either right that people have died or its wrong.

I agree i may be trivializing it a little, not deliberatly i must stress but when all said and done it is just a book.

A collection of pages put together by man, for whatever reason.

Its totaly madness that someone, anyone would put the value of a bit of paper (no matter how pecious to them) above the lives of real walking talking breathing humans!!

It’s not ‘the pages and paper’ that’s the issue. But you know that already. Look at history and how these ‘books’ have been used. It’s the ideas and the books. And the fact that the people who burnt the books, accidentally or otherwise, aren’t wanted there and are viewed as aggressors. You could say the soldiers themselves are killing because of ‘a book’. Be it the manual you get when you join, the constitution, the bible. All just ‘books’ but we both know they’re more than that.

As for people dying, yes, it’s either wrong or right. More often than not it’s wrong. But that’s not the question you asked in your poll.

It’s not ‘the pages and paper’ that’s the issue. .

The why do they get so angry?

The books were burnt accidentally, not on purpose.

It was an accident.

But you know that already.

Not sure what your tryin to say here but....

Look at history

Im interested in the present, the people who are presently dying for the sake of this book.

and how these ‘books’ have been used. It’s the ideas and the books.

The ideas dont die because a few books were burnt.

And the fact that the people who burnt the books, accidentally or otherwise, aren’t wanted there and are viewed as aggressors. .

Ahhh, so its more about racist attitudes towards the Amercians?

But if that wasthe case, why arent the Amrecian soldiers getting killed, Why is it innocent civilians?

You could say the soldiers themselves are killing because of ‘a book’.

You could, if you were desperate i supose.

I cant see you getting much milage out if that one tho.

Be it the manual you get when you join, the constitution, the bible.

Hmmm, wafer thin..

All just ‘books’ but we both know they’re more than that.

Is that your way of saying you think the deaths are justifyable?

As for people dying, yes, it’s either wrong or right.

So which is it?

More often than not it’s wrong.

Well thats good to hear.

But that’s not the question you asked in your poll.

I asked "Is a burnt book reason enough for all this viloence?"

So, is it?

It's merely a book.

Islam wants to rule the world, the Isrealies fight amongst themselves, christians, buddists and like people want a settled life until we are pulled into problems with other religeous countries problems. Is there an answer, yes , where, someone knows, probably an atheist.

ok........

Like the bible andAesops tales, Roahl Dahl and others. The other books are more entertaining, ask me a quote from the bible and I am stuck.

The Koran just seems to be scribble to me no wonder they would rather go and cause trouble. The Romans must have struggled by MXV111 x MLV11- MLV1, sod it lets go to war.

Archived