Visiting Jerusalem

Hi,

My friend and I are planning a trip to Jordan and we would like to cross over to Jerusalem by the KH bridge to spend a couple of days there.

Has anyone done it and could give us advice? Also what would be the best type of accomodation? I was thinking maybe we could find a nunnery that rent rooms ( we would like something different if possible) but dont seem to find any link on the web?

thanks for any help

B

I've done this plenty of times, though not recently so not sure of the nuts of bolts of getting from the border like current taxi fares, etc. Remember there is another crossing further south near Eilat, and you don't necessarily have to go over the KH bridge. But the situation at the border crossings can change with alacrity. They can close for like 24 hours with no warning. You need to get on a forum with posters who are either there or been there very recently to get up-to-date info.

in Jerusalem itself you're probably best off staying close to the Old City than New City. There's several budget hotels around the Petra Hotel which is superbly situated just inside the Jaffa Gate. The city is small and once you get orientation it's easy to walk around but fairly hilly in places. You need to give it at least a week.

Passport handstamps might be a problem, in some cases.

Israel will not usually object if a visitor's passport shows a Jordanian handstamp.

BUT Jordan might object if a visitor's passport shows an Israeli handstamp.

Perhaps ask the Israeli embassy? http://www.embassyofisrael.co.uk/

Theres no problems for jordan as the border is opened and its usual

thanks

Archived