EDL scum at it again.

ferno

Florist Debby Bailey, whose shop is close to where trouble broke out, described the protesters as "pillocks". She said they were the sort of people who "get drunk on a Saturday night and go to the takeaways they were attacking for a kebab".

There was a lot of misinformation being spread around the town, she said. "It's supposed to be 2012, yet they're behaving like animals," she added.

The Tasty Bites takeaway, opposite her shop, which was a focal point for protests, despite having no connection to the Liverpool case, had its red shutters pulled down on Friday.

Zeeshan Khokhar, 23, owner of Bits n Pizza said it started about 4pm, with kids banging on windows. "They were shouting, 'Why are you still open you dirty ********?' The police came and told us to shut up shop.

"We are just doing business. It hurts and we are very worried about what's going to happen," he said.

Butcher David Ashworth, whose shop is next to a takeaway, said: "I don't agree with what's gone on. Most of the people who came to cause trouble don't live here."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/24/rochdale-violence-fears-racial-tensions

On Tuesday, at a council meeting the Tameside councillors condemned the EDL as "fascist thugs". The Hyde and Stalybridge MP, Jonathan Reynolds, has raised the issue in the Commons.

The Tameside council leader, Kieran Quinn, wrote on his blog: "I have a very simple message for the EDL and other right-wing extremists who might be thinking of coming to Hyde this weekend: you will not divide us and you are not welcome here, so stay away."

They are getting what they want though eh lads ..... the publicity ! If some of you lot and your political ilk could accept the fact that there are issues that need sorting in our ethnic communities, then the likes of the EDL and BNP would have nothing to use to justify their activities, unfortunately some of you would rather these issues were ignored, creating a chicken and egg scenario !

They are getting what they want though eh lads ..... the publicity ! If some of you lot and your political ilk could accept the fact that there are issues that need sorting in our ethnic communities, then the likes of the EDL and BNP would have nothing to use to justify their activities, unfortunately some of you would rather these issues were ignored, creating a chicken and egg scenario !

like i said, they will find "excuses" but deep down they dont want to sort any issues, they just want random violence

some EDL cause trouble so all EDL are scum? hmm, where have I seen that kind of generalisation called racist before?

Which EDL members do you consider fine upstanding community members? The ones with convictions for paedophilia or violence?

I couldn't agree more. Ignorance of the problems has and continues to cause the likes of the EDL to grow. Who would have through the UK would be represented by the BNP in the EU 10 years ago?

The issue is not going to go away, just like it has never done the same in other nations throughout history. Each one ended in rather nasty circumstances. We have a chance to stop that ever happening, by addressing the problems now head on before people start to look to more radical measures.

Which EDL members do you consider fine upstanding community members? The ones with convictions for paedophilia or violence?

I do not have a list of the membership nor have I ever met a member so I cannot say, but I do know your argument can easily be stood on its head and used against you.

Which members of the Sheffield flower arranging guild are up standing members of the community?

Ignorance breeds misunderstanding and that never leads to a good place.

Archived