EDL scum at it again.

ferno

Florist Debby Bailey, whose shop is close to where trouble broke out, described the protesters as "pillocks". She said they were the sort of people who "get drunk on a Saturday night and go to the takeaways they were attacking for a kebab".

There was a lot of misinformation being spread around the town, she said. "It's supposed to be 2012, yet they're behaving like animals," she added.

The Tasty Bites takeaway, opposite her shop, which was a focal point for protests, despite having no connection to the Liverpool case, had its red shutters pulled down on Friday.

Zeeshan Khokhar, 23, owner of Bits n Pizza said it started about 4pm, with kids banging on windows. "They were shouting, 'Why are you still open you dirty ********?' The police came and told us to shut up shop.

"We are just doing business. It hurts and we are very worried about what's going to happen," he said.

Butcher David Ashworth, whose shop is next to a takeaway, said: "I don't agree with what's gone on. Most of the people who came to cause trouble don't live here."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/24/rochdale-violence-fears-racial-tensions

On Tuesday, at a council meeting the Tameside councillors condemned the EDL as "fascist thugs". The Hyde and Stalybridge MP, Jonathan Reynolds, has raised the issue in the Commons.

The Tameside council leader, Kieran Quinn, wrote on his blog: "I have a very simple message for the EDL and other right-wing extremists who might be thinking of coming to Hyde this weekend: you will not divide us and you are not welcome here, so stay away."

Why not mention the killing or exploitation of people by muslims in places like Nigeria, Sudan, UK, America, China, Russia etc?

Maybe its just me but I can't see where it says the EDL smashed up shops or caused any trouble, other than that they are planning to march today.

Correct, they said it was nothing to do with them, but somebody did shout "EDL", meaning it must be EDL then, for the hard of thinking.

I was reading that in Halifax, a town in West Yorks, they cost nearly £300,000

of damage in about 2 hours.

Very clever.

Give over from what I last saw of Halifax you couldnt do 30 quids worth of damage in a year never mind 300 grand in 2 hours:D

Why not mention the killing or exploitation of people by muslims in places like Nigeria, Sudan, UK, America, China, Russia etc?

because we don't live in nigeria sudan america china or russia for a start - we live in sheffield where racial and community relations are pretty good and we don't want racist bigots stirring up violence and hatred in the streets we (ie 'I') inhabit - perhaps you live in a white ghetto and think 'muslims' are evil. murderous & exploitative - I don't - I live in a predominantly south asian community and have neighbours that I am proud to live alongside.

take your racial hatred and stick it where the sun don't shine, if you live near muslim people and hate them - move.

Maybe its just me but I can't see where it says the EDL smashed up shops or caused any trouble, other than that they are planning to march today.

Do you think the EDL are more or less likely to engage in smashing up random cars and shops and shouting racist abuse?

It's hilarious seeing the desperate attempts to cover up and excuse the EDL knuckle draggers, because of course, the EDL aren't violent:

http://indymedia.org.uk/en/2011/03/475177.html

350 EDL turn up, 35 get nicked. 10%.

Guffaw.

Archived