EDL scum at it again.

ferno

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons the title of this thread could in many ways be classed as a racist attack on a section of the population who,by their self titled name are evidently English,by this I mean the word scum ,indeed if I were to use the word in association with the word Pakistani or any other foreign nationality I believe I would now be labelled as a rabid racist and would be taking no more part in any thread on this forum.

No, it couldn't. You're talking rubbish. Besides, don't the EDL claim to be racially inclusive?

No, it couldn't. You're talking rubbish. Besides, don't the EDL claim to be racially inclusive?

So if I used the word scum as pertaining to Pakistani it would be acceptable and not be deemed racist ?.I'll guarantee you now if I used those two words in the same sentence in the context of a descriptive text your finger would be hitting the report button in a total blur of speed

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons the title of this thread could in many ways be classed as a racist attack on a section of the population who,by their self titled name are evidently English,by this I mean the word scum ,indeed if I were to use the word in association with the word Pakistani or any other foreign nationality I believe I would now be labelled as a rabid racist and would be taking no more part in any thread on this forum.

no one said the english are scum - the EDL are scum

if 'the english' means a bunch of violent racist supremicists who hire coaches to invade towns and neighbourhoods and yake pride in destruction and the hospitalization of policemen, then you're in the wrong country matey.

violent pakistani (or any other islamic) fundamentalists = scum

violent jewish supremacists = scum

violent hindu nationalists = scum

EDL = scum

it's not your colour or your religion that makes you scum, it's your behaviour

So if I used the word scum as pertaining to Pakistani it would be acceptable and not be deemed racist ?.

It all depends on the context doesn't it? The statement 'all Pakistanis are scum' would certainly be deemed racist. If it was made about a group of people who were regarded as scumbags for something they do and they just happened to be Pakistani then it wouldn't.

It all depends on the context doesn't it? The statement 'all Pakistanis are scum' would certainly be deemed racist. If it was made about a group of people who were regarded as scumbags for something they do and they just happened to be Pakistani then it wouldn't.

Of course it depends on the context but as far as I can gather the people arrested were a very small minority of the attendance therefore by your reasoning the EDL who didnt break the law cannot be classed as scum..agreed

no one said the english are scum - the EDL are scum

if 'the english' means a bunch of violent racist supremicists who hire coaches to invade towns and neighbourhoods and yake pride in destruction and the hospitalization of policemen, then you're in the wrong country matey.

violent pakistani (or any other islamic) fundamentalists = scum

violent jewish supremacists = scum

violent hindu nationalists = scum

EDL = scum

it's not your colour or your religion that makes you scum, it's your behaviour

Totally agree but take away the word "violent" and its a different matter altogether

Come again?

He put the word violent in front of the factions all accept the EDL therefore insinuating that all EDL are scum ,now until you can prove that every member of the EDL has a record for violence the presumption is wrong,this is your reasoning not mine after all you are very quick to jump in and state that because some Muslims have committed acts of atrocities they are not all to blame...Some EDL get arrested for violence therefore all members of the group are therefore at fault..Some Muslims blow up the London Transport system therefore all Muslims are at fault ..again,that is your reasoning not mine.

Some EDL get arrested for violence therefore all members of the group are therefore at fault..Some Muslims blow up the London Transport system therefore all Muslims are at fault ..again,that is your reasoning not mine.

That's not comparing like for like though, is it?

You'll expand EDL into "all english" when it suits you, but won't contract "all muslims" down into groups.

Archived