Who should run the NHS?

Tony

Who should run the NHS and decide how money is spent?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who should run the NHS and decide how money is spent?

• Doctors and nurses?
    • Civil servants?
    • Managers?
    • Politicians?
    • Patients?

Managers. Let doctors and nurses heal the sick and managers manage. A few years ago I'd have said doctors but after watching that documentary at Rotherham general they aren't fit to manage.

But spare a thought for doctors though. These poor over worked souls don't want to pay for their pensions. They feel they shouldn't pay the extra 14% from an ever dwindling pot. Mind you on £100k saleries why should they pay more - these guys are nearly on the breadline. Let the cleaners pay.

Max, I'm interested in what others think - I'd like to refine my own thoughts. I haven't even made any choices on the poll.

What's your opinion Max?

Is it silly to say "all of the above"? I think it should be run in the most democratic way possible. If John Lewis can do it...

It's not silly at all if you think that's the case. That's why I made it a multiple choice - help yourself to what ever you fancy :)

My opinion is that if the Government believe that doctors are best placed to run the NHS (and the doctors' professional associations in the BMA and various royal colleges are opposed to the proposed Health & Social Care bill); why does the Government not believe that doctors, rather than a private company are not best placed to determine whether their patient is fit and able to work?

Max, I'm interested in what others think - I'd like to refine my own thoughts. I haven't even made any choices on the poll.

What's your opinion Max?

It's not silly at all if you think that's the case. That's why I made it a multiple choice - help yourself to what ever you fancy :)

Of course as a LibDem you will only decide when you know who to back.

The people who should run the NHS are its staff.

That in itself is a poor decsion, as in a proper society that should not even be asked.

All utilities, healthcare, pensions etc should not even be thought about, they should be automatic.

From each according to their ability, to each according to their needs.

My opinion is that if the Government believe that doctors are best placed to run the NHS (and the doctors' professional associations in the BMA and various royal colleges are opposed to the proposed Health & Social Care bill); why does the Government not believe that doctors, rather than a private company are not best placed to determine whether their patient is fit and able to work?

Point of order - your GP practice is a private company and always has been.

Archived