Illegal humans. What to do with them?

I was reading an article in the dailymail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106126/Bridge-Men-Heston-Squalid-camp-homeless-migrants-live-M4-flyover.html

It's about some homeless people who live in the UK, they sleep under a motorway passover.

This is Little Punjab, a squalid community of illegal immigrants, the homeless, the jobless and the hopeless. They call them the Bridge Men of Heston, a community sleeping rough beneath a motorway flyover.

More than 30 of them can often be found here, in full view of pedestrians and traffic on the road that passes under the bridge, and less than 20 yards from the nearest houses.

In the comments a woman from Leeds said;

No human is illegal

Her comment has been voted down and has over 500 red arrows so to speak.

People therefore think some humans are illegal.

What then should be done with the illegal humans?

Should they be legalised, or perhaps they should be sent for incineration like other contraband?

How can a human be illegal?

Personally I agree with the woman from Leeds. No human can be illegal.

Of course no human is 'illegal', but whilst we and other countries have immigration policies, people who are here illegally have no legal right to any support whilst in the UK. Neither are they permitted to work.

Whilst this situation is extremely sad for the individuals, if they have no visa that entitles them to be in the UK, then sending them home should be the next step. I don't understand that as they are known about why the Border Agency hasn't taken any action.

Of course no human is 'illegal', but whilst we and other countries have immigration policies, people who are here illegally have no legal right to any support whilst in the UK. Neither are they permitted to work.

Whilst this situation is extremely sad for the individuals, if they have no visa that entitles them to be in the UK, then sending them home should be the next step. I don't understand that as they are known about why the Border Agency hasn't taken any action.

Because these inidividuals either don't bring with them or destroy and documents that identify where they're from. It's a common tactic used to avoid being sent back as the border agencies are bound by (EU) law to either send them back to their country of origin or detain them.

Since we don't have the resources to detain them the agency has no choice.

Her comment has been voted down and has over 500 red arrows so to speak.

People therefore think some humans are illegal.

That does not follow. I don't for one moment believe that "some humans are illegal," but I do say that her comment was a completely silly one, and I too would have marked it down. The discussion wasn't about illegal humans, but about illegal immigrants.

They should treat them like they do the UK residents already here that way they wouldnt want to come.

A UK resident who is already here has access to benefits. Illegal immigrants don't. If you are advocating giving them benefits, wouldn't that make them more likely to want to come here?

Archived