Don't buy the Sun on Sunday!!

today's revelations are pretty stunning - first off , the £600k to charlotte church for appaling abuse she suffered as a child - what a bunch of nonces.

second - the rozzer from scotland yard describing russian style gangsterish corruption with police nhs staff military civil servants local authority staff .... all breaching basic principles for backhanders - chicago in the 30s - incredible.

DON'T CHUFFIN' BUY IT - ON SUNDAY OR ANY OTHER DAY

I haven't seen it but everyone is saying the first edition of the new paper was very weak and not like a newspaper at all, more like a silly magazine and no real scoops that the News of the World had for so many years such a good reputation for getting. The only story they got apparently was an 'exclusive' on the official date for the Scottish referendum. News International and the Scottish National Party are in the heady period of a love affair at the moment.

sales of both the paper itself and advertising space were apparently excellent but then everybody expected that. But they won't sell strongly every week consistently unless they run proper news stories and remember that it's a newspaper, not a magazine.

I bought it,but when i came across Katie Price and Ulrika Johnson as columnists,i will not be buying it again.

I wouldn't have read it anyway, but when I heard that they'd got that smug git Toby Young as columnist I definititely knew I wouldn't be reading it.

I haven't seen it but everyone is saying the first edition of the new paper was very weak and not like a newspaper at all, more like a silly magazine

Its interesting to see which direction they take. A lot of reports have said it was rather bland.

Obviously they're trying to start off on a good foot, but I think its too boring for the Sun and tittle-tattle tabloid readers.

It's an already saturated niche market and I don't think trying to carve a new niche will work.

Anyone remember Today? That was the same.

Anyone remember Today

The Sun on Sunday could never be as bad as Today however bad it turns out to be, but the worst 1980s paper wasn't Today but the News On Sunday, a left-wing Sunday tabloid that was supposed to turn the 1987 general election. Easily the worst UK national newspaper in living memory and probably ever. It ran for about 10 issues before it went bankrupt.

Archived