Don't buy the Sun on Sunday!!

The Sun on Sunday could never be as bad as Today however bad it turns out to be, but the worst 1980s paper wasn't Today but the News On Sunday, a left-wing Sunday tabloid that was supposed to turn the 1987 general election. Easily the worst UK national newspaper in living memory and probably ever. It ran for about 10 issues before it went bankrupt.

The biggest disappointment ever is Sheffields own Star.

This paper was the backbone of Sheffield life for nearly a hundred years it was the paper we all bought going home from work or had delivered by the paper boy at 5pm.

Who can forget the old call on Fargate or Castlegate !

Late night final !!!!!!.

This meant what the man shouted, The latest Sheffield news not just another daily as it is now.

Listen up, all newspapers are overated, the ones with actual news in them take too long to read, papers like the Sun and the Mirror etc are for reading when you get a short break on shift or 5 minutes in the lav ...... get over this buying the Sun stuff it makes little or no difference.

I'm sure the likes of Charlotte Church are laughing their heads off when they cash their cheques in, I wish someone had hacked my bloody phone .... OK the millie dowler thing was out of order, but let's put most of it in perspective, most hacking was carried out on minor celebs for a bit of cheap media gossip.

People like frank keep trying to impose their own political agenda and self righteous beliefs on others all the time, it's a bit like DM bashing, these people clearly read it to form their opinions then criticise others who they reckon read it, because they don't like what's printed :loopy:

Listen up, all newspapers are overated, the ones with actual news in them take too long to read, papers like the Sun and the Mirror etc are for reading when you get a short break on shift or 5 minutes in the lav ...... get over this buying the Sun stuff it makes little or no difference.

I'm sure the likes of Charlotte Church are laughing their heads off when they cash their cheques in, I wish someone had hacked my bloody phone .... OK the millie dowler thing was out of order, but let's put most of it in perspective, most hacking was carried out on minor celebs for a bit of cheap media gossip.

People like frank keep trying to impose their own political agenda and self righteous beliefs on others all the time, it's a bit like DM bashing, these people clearly read it to form their opinions then criticise others who they reckon read it, because they don't like what's printed :loopy:

wow michael - have you been awake , do the follow the actual news, or just the tat about jordan's tits?

the facts are that news international were involved in serious criminality, hacking of phones and computers, running a mafia style revenge operation, paying corrupt coppers and public service workers and now (on ch4 news) subverting a murder investigation by putting the investigating officers under 'close personal surveillance' - that's not me imposing my 'political agenda and self righteous beliefs' that's fury that these gangsters successfully corrupted the country we live in - they bugged the deputy prime minister and the PM's wife - where were MI5? (perhaps at a party with the murdochs with £50 notes stuffed up their trouser legs.

I don't understand what you love so much about the murdochs that you consider criticism of them 'political' and 'self righteous', but why not write to rupert and offer your support - the dirty digger could do with some good news

I know what has happened regarding the phone hacking scandal, must of been awful for the people who feel they was violated. I really feel for the people that have suffered because of someone else poor choices.

I don't think it matters whether we buy paper or not is going to make a difference.

They sell these papers all of the uk, we are a forum from Sheffield .

Don't think it will cause a big enough effect for them to be bothered.

I know what has happened regarding the phone hacking scandal, must of been awful for the people who feel they was violated. I really feel for the people that have suffered because of someone else poor choices.

I don't think it matters whether we buy paper or not is going to make a difference.

They sell these papers all of the uk, we are a forum from Sheffield .

Don't think it will cause a big enough effect for them to be bothered.

when I suggested not to buy this crap , I meant generally, not just in sheffield. if people don't don't buy it, it goes away - which would be a good thing (in my opinion)

Another disturbing thing about the paper was the column by John Sentamu, Archbishop of York. I had respect for him when he was sleeping out in solidarity with the homeless, but his piece for the Sun was fawning and trite and Hallmark-y. Ugh.

Another disturbing thing about the paper was the column by John Sentamu, Archbishop of York. I had respect for him when he was sleeping out in solidarity with the homeless, but his piece for the Sun was fawning and trite and Hallmark-y. Ugh.

what did he write about halibut?

what did he write about halibut?

I struggle to recall, but I think the first paragraph or two were a load of gushing about what a privelege it was to write for such an esteemed paper and a vague attempt to tie in the notion of 'new beginnings' with the impending Easter season.

I don't have much of a handle on what Sentamu is like to be honest, but the stance he took on homelessness had led me to expect better. I like my clergy to be a bit radical - liberation theology and such, throwing over the tables of the moneylenders and so on...my Dad, bless him recently wrote a letter of protest to the bishop after the parish priest invited American missionaries to the church who were preaching creationism...

wow michael - have you been awake , do the follow the actual news, or just the tat about jordan's tits?

the facts are that news international were involved in serious criminality, hacking of phones and computers, running a mafia style revenge operation, paying corrupt coppers and public service workers and now (on ch4 news) subverting a murder investigation by putting the investigating officers under 'close personal surveillance' - that's not me imposing my 'political agenda and self righteous beliefs' that's fury that these gangsters successfully corrupted the country we live in - they bugged the deputy prime minister and the PM's wife - where were MI5? (perhaps at a party with the murdochs with £50 notes stuffed up their trouser legs.

I don't understand what you love so much about the murdochs that you consider criticism of them 'political' and 'self righteous', but why not write to rupert and offer your support - the dirty digger could do with some good news

Wow frank, how long have you been on this planet ?

Does all this really surprise you ?

There has always been criminality/corruption, always will be , it's the way of the world .... so the News of The World and the Murdoch empire has taken a hit, do you really think things are going to change ?

I don't, I just think 'people' will be more careful and discrete about their business, people like you frank can be as self righteous as you like, it's not about supporting anyone for me, you will change nothing you can only join them and peddle hype ...... and looking at some of your posts you already do :suspect:

Archived