Don't buy the Sun on Sunday!!

If I go out I shall buy it and save it, first edition papers increase in value, actually I bought the last News of the World and saved it, never bought it before

You could buy yourself a first edition Daily Star for £3 instead & save 33 years of waiting time for the price to go up. https://www.abebooks.co.uk/DAILY-STAR-NUMBER-1-BIRTHDAY-ISSUE/434937682/bd

Value is based on scarcity, they will print a lot of them & a lot of people will save them, so they'll be totally worthless for a long time, or forever if you don't store it very carefully.

Value is based on scarcity, they will print a lot of them & a lot of people will save them, so they'll be totally worthless for a long time, or forever if you don't store it very carefully.

This is just so very true. And, unless you have an accurate crystal ball, you can never know what will still be popular / in demand in a few years, never mind three decades.

Personally, I'd not bother with that rag - it'll not be worth anything in your lifetime.

This is just so very true. And, unless you have an accurate crystal ball, you can never know what will still be popular / in demand in a few years, never mind three decades.

Personally, I'd not bother with that rag - it'll not be worth anything in your lifetime.

Unless this is a ploy to dissuade purchase. That way if only a few people buy it, it will go out of circulation quicker and reduce the time it takes for the value of a first print to rocket.

Archived