What do you wish you could do.

And I also wish I knew how to make my own Xbox games, I have the ideas for games, I just lack the technical knowledge, and the money, to make them happen.

I used to mod and make lot of pc games using mostly 3d studio max, there is a free version for people wanting to have a go at making games, though I've never used it myself.

http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

There loads of 3d engines you can run your 3d game on, a quick google should give you some idea, many are free to use or open source and various other licenses depending on what you want to do with them, I usnderstand that unity is all the rage at the moment.

Not sure if that's the best way to go these days, but there are lots of forums full of helpful people around that will point you in the right direction.

I used to hang out at Polycount and 3dbuzz, not sure what they are like these days but they used to be full of enthusiastic game makers, animators and other forms of 3d enthusiasts.

I'm sure if you persevere it is possible to make games using free to use and open source software though you might have to pay to get stuff onto the xbox platform.

All you need now is a ridiculous amount of time, resolve and an unshakable addiction to creation.

It might seem a bit strange but I wish I could be as poor as the rest of the Sheffield folk. If only for one night, just for the experience. That is why I enjoy posting with you guys, keepin' it real blud isn't it. :)

I'll look after your 'wad' for the night if you want ;):hihi::hihi:

Archived