Adult dance teacher

louby1964

In that case I can thoroughly recommend Modern Jive. Because it's a very casual informal style of dance, it doesn't take a miracle or a particularly coordinated person to learn it.

It has a lot less focus on exact footwork than the more formal ballroom and Latin styles, though it has stolen its moves from those styles. I know quite a lot of people who've started with modern jive and found it easy to learn. Once their bodies have got used to moving and reacting to music, they have then progressed to more formal styles, letting their jive reflexes handle moving to the music while their brains cope with the footwork. Others are like me - enjoy the style so much I feel no particular need to 'progress'.

Two organisations do Modern Jive in Sheffield - from my experience I recommend Blitz at Crookes Social Club every Wednesday and Thursday night (it's bigger, so you get more choice of partners, and I find the dancers more skilled), or you could go to Ceroc at the Davy club on Tuesdays.

It's also a lot cheaper than getting individual lessons from a dance teacher!

Come and give it a try - beginners' lessons start at 7.35-7.40ish.

In that case I can thoroughly recommend Modern Jive. Because it's a very casual informal style of dance, it doesn't take a miracle or a particularly coordinated person to learn it.

It has a lot less focus on exact footwork than the more formal ballroom and Latin styles, though it has stolen its moves from those styles. I know quite a lot of people who've started with modern jive and found it easy to learn. Once their bodies have got used to moving and reacting to music, they have then progressed to more formal styles, letting their jive reflexes handle moving to the music while their brains cope with the footwork. Others are like me - enjoy the style so much I feel no particular need to 'progress'.

Two organisations do Modern Jive in Sheffield - from my experience I recommend Blitz at Crookes Social Club every Wednesday and Thursday night (it's bigger, so you get more choice of partners, and I find the dancers more skilled), or you could go to Ceroc at the Davy club on Tuesdays.

It's also a lot cheaper than getting individual lessons from a dance teacher!

Come and give it a try - beginners' lessons start at 7.35-7.40ish.

Thanks for that but im in S20 so its the wrong side of sheffield for me

• 2 months later...

Archived