ATOS and where the real money is spent.

diagnosis of a medical condition does not correlate directly with your functional ability - for any given diagnosis there is a huge range of functional ability

a Healthcare professional is exactly that it includes Medical Practitioners (Doctors), Nurses and Midwives, the 13 HPC regulated professions plus pharmacists etc

in terms of the Healthcare professionals using in DSA/ESA assessments the job description primarily relates to Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherpaists and Occupational Therapists ...

So, would you say that the above who you mention are more qualified than a Hospital Consultant Neurosurgeon then. You seem to imply so by your post.

Angel.

Angel

Atos will not be diagnosing your health - they will be looking at how any conditions you have affect your ability to work.

So it may be that you have asthma which prevents you from working in a bakery - but no reason perhaps not to work in an office.

Or sadly you may have a condition that stops you working at all - even if an employer were to make reasonable adjustments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me, especially in these poor economic times, how many employers, particularly small ones will make significant and costly 'reasonable adjustments?

They won't, they can also get labour now very cheaply, with migrants, young people or even as we now find, free

These abstractions, eg, ''helping the client find suitable work' are basically smokescreens for reducing wages, welfare budgets and disciplining workers/unemployed, etc..

Tick box exercise ... ATOS have their finger in every pie - a jack of all trades and master of none. In other words, a fine example of where the country is going wrong. I just wonder how much pain and suffering the country will have to see, and I suspect some people on here will enjoy seeing it, becfore people begin to realise it.

So, would you say that the above who you mention are more qualified than a Hospital Consultant Neurosurgeon then. You seem to imply so by your post.

Angel.

as others have pointed out and as I have pointed out in previous posts, DLA /ESA assessments are not there to challenge your diagnosis, they are there to undertake assessment of your ability to undertake work related tasks and activities .

In terms of reasonable adjustments , an awful lot of reasonable adjustments are relatively low cost and where costs may be a problem there are various funding routes both statutory and voluntary, but as you seem so keen to dismiss the input of Nurses , Physios and OTs you won't have taken that on board.

Tick box exercise ... ATOS have their finger in every pie - a jack of all trades and master of none. In other words, a fine example of where the country is going wrong. I just wonder how much pain and suffering the country will have to see, and I suspect some people on here will enjoy seeing it, becfore people begin to realise it.

for the umpteenth time, the People undertaking the assessments are Healthcare professionals i.e. Doctors, Nurses, Physios , OTs ...

how long will it take people to realise that 'back office' functions benefit from economies of scale .. it doesn't matter who employs these professionals they will be doing thesame job regardless.

for the umpteenth time, the People undertaking the assessments are Healthcare professionals i.e. Doctors, Nurses, Physios , OTs ...

how long will it take people to realise that 'back office' functions benefit from economies of scale .. it doesn't matter who employs these professionals they will be doing thesame job regardless.

I didn't know some of my close friends were healthcare professionals

Archived