Osborne: UK has run out of money

No, I would never bail them out again, remember Labour allowed the situation develop, Labour bailed them out.

Did we hear the opposition saying they shouldnt? Do you think the opposition would not have bailed them?

Run it by us once again what would have happened Jim? You're like the forums very own Robert Peston on these matters what with your vast knowledge of the subject.

I am more interested in hearing from those endlessly whining about the banks being bailed out. Given that all parties agreed it was the only thing to do I'd like to hear from those economics geniuses who think it was such a bad idea and why. I get very tired of lefty loons offering their uninformed opinions on how badly someone who tries to sort things out is doing but you never hear them give an alternate solution.

So here's an open goal for all those who think bailing out the banks was a bad idea. Why was it a bad idea?

I am not holding my breath.

Did we hear the opposition saying they shouldnt? Do you think the opposition would not have bailed them?

Probably, and this due to the way that LABOUR had let them run wild for all the time they were in office. It may well be the case that had the tories come in a year earlier they would have had little alternative. None the less its LABOURS fault.

The bail out is being repaid and the UK is making a profit.

From your comment this proves you have no economics knowledge whatsoever of the financial crisis.

Why would British banks borrow another £31billion from the ECB is they are repaying the bailout?

How long do you think it will take them to pay it all back?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17237639

Peston, makes some good comments on the above link.

From your comment this proves you have no economics knowledge whatsoever of the financial crisis.

Why would British banks borrow another £31billion from the ECB is they are repaying the bailout?

How long do you think it will take them to pay it all back?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17237639

Peston, makes some good comments on the above link.

The article doesn't say what interest rate the ECB were offering. I suggest it was very competitive. The fact that they are borrowing is largely irrelevant if it doesn't affect the share price. We tax payers own shares in those banks and that is what determines the money we get back when we sell them. The BBC site is showing Lloyds share price is up today.

Archived