Osborne: UK has run out of money

From your comment this proves you have no economics knowledge whatsoever of the financial crisis.

Why would British banks borrow another £31billion from the ECB is they are repaying the bailout?

How long do you think it will take them to pay it all back?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17237639

Peston, makes some good comments on the above link.

From your comment you certainly dont.

The article doesn't say what interest rate the ECB were offering. I suggest it was very competitive. The fact that they are borrowing is largely irrelevant if it doesn't affect the share price. We tax payers own shares in those banks and that is what determines the money we get back when we sell them. The BBC site is showing Lloyds share price is up today.

What do you say to that GREEN?

I am more interested in hearing from those endlessly whining about the banks being bailed out. Given that all parties agreed it was the only thing to do I'd like to hear from those economics geniuses who think it was such a bad idea and why. I get very tired of lefty loons offering their uninformed opinions on how badly someone who tries to sort things out is doing but you never hear them give an alternate solution.

So here's an open goal for all those who think bailing out the banks was a bad idea. Why was it a bad idea?

I am not holding my breath.

I am not exactly being trampled in rush am I? I don't suppose it'll stop the loons ranting about the banks being bailed out but it just goes to show it's their usual hypocritical drivel.

Still not picked up an economics book, Jim?

It's a bad idea to bail out banks because they don't spend their money (especially when they've been told not to). It's also a bad idea because they're basically gambling, but they can't lose because the government bails them out.

Problem is it's also bad to let a bank the size of RBS go bust.

Still not picked up an economics book, Jim?

It's a bad idea to bail out banks because they don't spend their money (especially when they've been told not to). It's also a bad idea because they're basically gambling, but they can't lose because the government bails them out.

Problem is it's also bad to let a bank the size of RBS go bust.

I think we crossed there

Well that's certainly sitting on the fence. So what you are saying is bailing out the banks was the best thing to do?

"because all the money was spent in the good years"

ALL the money WAS NOT spent!

If it had have been how come we found £50 billion for another round of quantitative easing a couple of weeks ago?

How come £33bn was found for high speed rail?

How come this Government have increased the budget for fireworks at the olympics?

Where's all the money come from for the Jubilee celebrations?

Where did the money come from to fly and drop bombs over Libya?

The money must have come from somewhere yet we are repeatedly given the tired old line about there being "no money left" which is why a library must close, or a school, or a crossing patrol is cut.

If there was "no money" the things above wouldn't be having money spent on them. Therefore there must be money BUT THE GOVERNMENT IS CHOOSING WHERE IT IS SPENT.

Either that or you think they just find it down the back of the sofa whenever they want it.

What do you say to that GREEN?

Is Jim your puppet master? I didnt see you reply to my questions.

Debating an argument with someone who hasnt got the foggiest i find pointless. I have better things to do with my time. Its quite clear the same cant be said of yourself.

Is Jim your puppet master? I didnt see you reply to my questions.

Debating an argument with someone who hasnt got the foggiest i find pointless. I have better things to do with my time. Its quite clear the same cant be said of yourself.

he point of repeat

I dont see the point of repeating what Jim has said. As you have better things to do, Cheerio.

Archived