Advice about a washing machine.

Hi Guys

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about wml540 hot point washing machines.

Mine decided it was going to stop working over the weekend and after searching the net for troubleshooting points and getting nowhere i have finally come to throw myself at the mercy of you knowledgeable lot.

I first noticed something was wrong when the same lot of washing went on for over n hour, it just would not spin.

Thinking i had overloaded it, i opened the door, removed half the washing on set it on a rinse and spin wash which it completed.

I then put the rest of the washing in to rinse and spin those but nothing, the damn thing just keep flashing the red lock button but will not do anything!!

I have tried to empty the drain and filter and it has made no difference.

I have tried the tried and tested approach of booting it into action but it still refuses to do anything.

After many of my best curse words and kicking the hell out of the useless lump of metal i am stumped and have admitted defeat.....for now.

I know i could ring up a washer repair man to come look at it but i do not want to shell out money if it is a simple fault i could fix for free so please no smart comments :)

Please can anyone help?

Archived