Holiday destination with a 3yr old?

Ive travelled everywhere with my son since he was 4months old..so i think its hard to say where is best.

We taking him dubai in june for the 12th time, perfect for kids there! Location great, flight fine..

Tenerife at easter again never any problems there.

It all depends what you want to do when you are there..

Just take a bag with things for him to do on the plane, new book, colouring pencil, paper etc...

Good luck!

I'm probably going to get slated for this, but I really don't think I'd consider taking a child that young abroad when there is so much to do in this country. Why go through all the waiting around at airports (can't imagine a 3 yr old being too impressed with that as an activity) and cramming as many toys as you can in the bag, then forever slathering them in sun cream and trying to find their hat, and make them drink more and taking them to a restaurant every night whether they are in the mood or not, when you can sling loads of toys in your car, drive to somewhere really pretty and stay in your own cottage - stopping off wherever looks interesting on the way?

Just my two penneth.

If I was going abroad I'd go to France - take two days to drive to Dover, stopping off somewhere interesting, have the adventure of the ferry crossing, then camp somewhere in Brittany.

No. 6 - I understand your reasoning and I've only been abroad couple of times with my 3 kids and it was quite stressful at times but having to stay inside or having to abandon the beach because of yet another rain shower in the UK can get a little tiresome.

Saying that we're off to Wales again in the summer in the hope that we will have more than the usual 2 days of sunshine during the week!

OP - We're been to Guernsey a few times (got friends there) and its a great place for kids. Some of the best beaches I've seen anywhere, very chilled out, not as expensive as you think and the weather is normally noticably warmer that the UK mainland. Only 45 mins I think from Manchester.

Had some great holidays in North Norfolk (Wells next the Sea especially) when ours were very small - rented a little cottage off this website.

http://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk.

Not too expensive and only 3-4 hours drive . (miles closer than e.g. cornwall)

A very traditional seaside holiday and lots for little kids to do (highly recommend the dinosaur park and wroxham barns).

Good food and drink in norfolk too and some pleasant places for adults to explore , Holt is lovely and Norwich itself is well worth a visit (the castle is V good). Steer clear of Hunstanton (total dump).

Last year we finally went abroad as we didnt think its too fair to take them anywhere too hot when small but decided we would all enjoy the reliability of the weather.

Decided on Menorca on friends recommendations .

Only a couple of hours flight so easily bearable , not too hot and the whole island is geared up for families (zero stag parties or 18-30 types) .

We went to Cala Galdana - a beautiful horseshoe bay with gently shelving fine sand.

Tenerife is a nice place to take children so is Fuengirola the latter has most to do for youngsters they have a very large childrens funfair on the front which is open till very late .This is ideal if you want to go for a stroll on an evening and theres also nice family orientated outdoor bars and places to eat hope this helps

Kaytee- welcome to SF :)

If you're going to start threads in future please can you navigate to the appropriate sub-forum before starting the thread? That means that the thread will start in the correct place and not create extra work for the moderating team. For instance, this thread is not Sheffield related so is now in General Discussions.

Thank you :)

best holiday desitnation abroad with a 3 year old little girl? any idea's? :)

I took my 3 yr old daughter to costa dorada last year in august with her brothers aged 10 and 13.

It was wicked and kids had a great time, they enjoyed just sitting playing on beach or sitting by the pool. (as we went all inclusive the free ice creams also helped lol)

As for my daughter I would say her favourite parts where the disco at night. And the park on the beach which is lovely.

There where slides and swings ect which was good as my boys where off in the sea. While our princess played on the slide and swings.

We went to Bes Cambrills just outside of salou. It was a quiet area we was in and salou was just a 15 minute walk away.

5 minutes on the bus if kids decided they had enough of walking.

We stayed up quiet end mostly in the day, popped to Salou for entertainment and fireworks from 6-9 and then back to hotel for disco for madam.

It has a huge water parks and port aventura theme park there to.

We had all passes included in our price, although I would not go with Thomas cook again.

I booked Majorca this year with Jet to holidays it is really cheap for holidays. I never had any trouble with jet to holidays. But endless problems with Thomas cook resulting in me being refunded £75 pound for first holiday they messed up.

And £160 for the second holiday they messed up, but it's each to their own really.

I am sure your daughter will love it no matter where you go. :)

Archived