Holiday destination with a 3yr old?

I'm probably going to get slated for this, but I really don't think I'd consider taking a child that young abroad when there is so much to do in this country. Why go through all the waiting around at airports (can't imagine a 3 yr old being too impressed with that as an activity) and cramming as many toys as you can in the bag, then forever slathering them in sun cream and trying to find their hat, and make them drink more and taking them to a restaurant every night whether they are in the mood or not, when you can sling loads of toys in your car, drive to somewhere really pretty and stay in your own cottage - stopping off wherever looks interesting on the way?

Just my two penneth.

If I was going abroad I'd go to France - take two days to drive to Dover, stopping off somewhere interesting, have the adventure of the ferry crossing, then camp somewhere in Brittany.

I took my daughter aged 3 at time last year and she loved it.

Non of the kids cried on plane, when we got to other end my daughter said awww again mummy. hehe

And for what you are going to pay for a holiday in Uk you could go abroad.

I last went to skegness a few year ago, took my cousin Rachel as it was her daughter's birthday.

We had a great time, but for a week in skegness we spent well over a grand and half.

It's a nightmare because kids are not bothered about the beach because of arcades.

And every time we passed one, the kids would want to go in.

Then there was food and petrol money it, was stupid I swore after that holiday never again.

That I would rather go abroad for the money we spent, so we did and have done since.

I would never go back to a uk holiday now, well apart from my girls weekends to London and Liverpool this year. :):hihi:

I also travel to London for work from Sheffield at the moment as I work there part time.

Hopefully we won't have to do the journey soon :)

I took my daughter aged 3 at time last year and she loved it.

Non of the kids cried on plane, when we got to other end my daughter said awww again mummy. hehe

And for what you are going to pay for a holiday in Uk you could go abroad.

I last went to skegness a few year ago, took my cousin Rachel as it was her daughter's birthday.

We had a great time, but for a week in skegness we spent well over a grand and half.

It's a nightmare because kids are not bothered about the beach because of arcades.

And every time we passed one, the kids would want to go in.

Then there was food and petrol money it, was stupid I swore after that holiday never again.

Each to their own. I could do a fortnight under canvas in Scotland on a really nice site for £350 including diesel to get there and back, and enjoy glorious scenery and huge empty beaches - we could scavenge for fire wood and cook fresh fish on it, read books, esplore caves, see wildlife, go on walks, sit in cafes. go on boat trips, travel on steam trains - all sorts. When I've taken my kid to where there are arcades she's never been bothered. I don't know if that's because she has been too young (she was 2 last time) or because she preferred the beach.

On the other hand I went to Salou on a stag night once, and would happily never go anywhere near it again and certainly wouldn't take my kid there -the beach was nice enough but it was tiny and full of drunk Brits. (There may be other beaches - I was only there two nights, thankfully!)

best holiday desitnation abroad with a 3 year old little girl? any idea's? :)

At home, and definitly not anywhere using an aircraft.

If you want kids, the rule is, dont inflict them on everyone else.

We have had ours, and it is a pain pretending to nice to yours when they are running about totally undisciplined in public areas.

Each to their own. I could do a fortnight under canvas in Scotland on a really nice site for £350 including diesel to get there and back, and enjoy glorious scenery and huge empty beaches - we could scavenge for fire wood and cook fresh fish on it, read books, esplore caves, see wildlife, go on walks, sit in cafes. go on boat trips, travel on steam trains - all sorts. When I've taken my kid to where there are arcades she's never been bothered. I don't know if that's because she has been too young (she was 2 last time) or because she preferred the beach.

On the other hand I went to Salou on a stag night once, and would happily never go anywhere near it again and certainly wouldn't take my kid there -the beach was nice enough but it was tiny and full of drunk Brits. (There may be other beaches - I was only there two nights, thankfully!)

Bes cambrills beach was lovely and very quiet hence why we BOOKED outside Salou.

I didn't stay in Salou to later when we did go in, as it was very busy, like I said my daughter wanted to get back for the hotel disco :)

We have had ours, and it is a pain pretending to nice to yours when they are running about totally undisciplined in public areas.

Such a ray of sunshine.:hihi:

Well there is always Brighton sure you know the way, it is not much nicer for us decent folk having to tolerate some one as obnoxious as yourself.

We go away to get away from your sort, so you know what book brighton it will suit you great.

best holiday desitnation abroad with a 3 year old little girl? any idea's? :)

As you will see from the advice already provided it very much depends on what makes your holiday - what do you like?

For me a holiday in the uk would be the lovely beaches of south Wales, or north Norfolk or perhaps Cornwall or Whitby - the isle of Wight has some lovely spots too.

Others enjoy Scarborough, perhaps Blackpool, Skegness or Cleethorpes -non of which appeal to us.

The same will go for abroad - there will be those that like Benidorm - others swill like a small Greek island - and others Menorca. It will all depends on what you are looking for.

Archived