Darnall Turin Street

davide463

Hi Kevstones and thanks for the response. Managed to find where it used to be and even a picture of the street thanks to Hillsbro. Any idea when it was bulldozed by any chance?

David.

Sorry but I can't. I just happen to have a map of Sheffield from the 1960's, priced at 9/6d :(

Kevin

Wow 9/6d huh? Those were the days. I have pictures of Fitzalan Street dated 1965 so somewhere after that. It's been great fun tracing back to my Great Grandparents and it seems that my two grandads actually lived around 2 miles apart when they were kids. Strange huh?

Thanks again for the info Kevin. Appreciate it.

David

...Any idea when it was bulldozed by any chance? David.
I would think it was in the mid-1960s. When the 1968 Kelly's Directory was published (in mid-1967) the houses in the lower part of the street - between Railway Street and Montford Road - had gone, and only the ones at the top remained, so it seems from this that the demolition was taking place as the guide went to press.

... I just happen to have a map of Sheffield from the 1960's, priced at 9/6d..
Seems I have the same map..:)

Archived