Word of advice for genuine DLA claimants.

I have noticed that there has been a few threads on here of late concerning DLA claims. To those that are thinking of claiming because of genuine needs then take this small piece of advice. Do Not fill the forms in yourself......

Make an appointment at your local C.A.B. and get them to fill the form in for you.

Failure to do so will lead to you being rejected for a real need.

You have met me peaches and you know that my claim is just. Go and see your cab advisor and ask them if you should be eligible to claim. Many people are getting turned down by the 'system' because they allow pride to come before the facts. Make that appt. hunni ;)

I have noticed that there has been a few threads on here of late concerning DLA claims. To those that are thinking of claiming because of genuine needs then take this small piece of advice. Do Not fill the forms in yourself......

Make an appointment at your local C.A.B. and get them to fill the form in for you.

Failure to do so will lead to you being rejected for a real need.

Maybe, not always. I've always filled my sons in myself and he's never been turned down.

Yes the CAB are useful and many people are entitled to DLA due to their help. I'm not sure where it all stands with the introduction of the new payments however.

Since becoming permanently disabled myself I have met numerous other people that should qualify for DLA but have been turned down, in most cases because they filled their own forms in. The CAB recognises that the forms are set out to trip up claimants by asking the same question a number of times but in a slightly different context, this was pointed out to me by my CAB advisor. I can't emphasize enough, the importance of filling the forms in correctly and for the sake of an hours visit to the CAB it could make the difference between being accepted or rejected.

I do my forms and my mother in laws, my mother in law was on lower rate care and mobility for years. As she didn't know how to do the forms and didn't want to try again after the first time. Even though she knew she should be entitled to more, she does not leave the house and due to severe depression and anxiety.

She is even unable to chat on the phone she panics when it rings and won't answer. So we took the phone out and my father in law has a mobile so he deals with calls.

She also has thyroid and fibromyalgia, which she was just recently been diagnosed with.

I started doing her forms and she has now been given what she was supposed to get.

Which is higher rate mobility and middle rate care, I don't fins the forms hard but I worked at fox hill advice centre a while.

(Who have now changed premises)

I do my own forms to there not so bad, if you know what your doing. If you don't like the OP says seek advice :)

Archived