Non religious choir

Lynchee

there are loads

singlive and rock choir both have established groups in sheff

Others which I am/have been in at various times are

purplecats - based at st marys bramall lane, tuesdays i think, no music reading or auditions, friendly group with a wide range of songs (did v occasionally include religious songs when I was there, just in case that's an issue for you)

sosa-xa - mondays, quaker meeting house but contact first to see if space available - is a south african singing group, with a bit of movement thrown in, really beautiful melodies and lots of energy but personally speaking, if I hadn't been in groups previous to this, I would have found the pace to start with a bit overwhelming

bevox - wide range of music (from Firework by Katy Perry to Les Miserables), which is chosen by group and then is arranged by Tim who leads the group, so you are singing unique pieces, plus option to sign up for performances, lots of which support charitable causes. Meets at sheffield springs academy on thursdays. This is the group I'm currently in and I love it so I am biased :)

all of the above have websites for more info if you google them (won't let me put them on as have less than 5 posts!)

For what it's worth, my experience was that I had to try groups out for a few sessions before I worked out whether they were doing it for me musically, and I felt comfortable there - I have had some experiences where the music has left me cold or worse the teacher has got impatient/shouted at members of the group for not getting it which really ain't nice:rant:. Also what I have needed from singing has changed over time hence I have moved to different groups.

So hope you find one that suits you and enjoy :)

• 8 months later...

Archived