'The Failure of Capitalist Production', NY Professor visits Shef

I have to wonder what this professor teaches at PACE university in NY.

If I were a parent paying for my kid's education at that place I'd hate the thought he or she was wasting time attending any of his lectures

I have heard that colleges in NY are required to have a token reactionary on the teaching staff in order to comply with "balance and fairness" :hihi:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you'd hate the idea of any child of yours listening to an academic discuss something that doesn't fit in with your worldview.

Unfortunately for you, that's a very, very high percentage of them.

No he isn't. Keith Laybourn is more respected internationally and by my chainsaw trousers he is tedious. But he does actual work. This marxist shill has published two books in his entire career. Neither of which were of any academic value whatsoever. Why do you think the yanks coming here? It's to boost his book sales because nobody is buying it.

Erm, yes he is.. look you're evidently not up to date on this area of economics or you'd have come across the many articles and initiatives Kliman has lead already. He's a known name all over the world which is exactly why I was able to set up a panel debate for him with Professors from the Uni of Sheffield, who were already more than familiar with his work. If you want a bit more of an inkling than you're getting from the wikipedia page you've got up in that second tab, try looking at his website - http://akliman.squarespace.com/writings/ - one relatively small selection of work which doesn't include journal entries and other essay contributions.

It's really actually bizarre I'm having to defend things on such a basic and frankly childish level here, but your train of argument is really quite linear. For starters, Keith Laybourn is an economic Historian, not an economist, and the comparison is both incorrect and wrong anyway.

I would be interested to hear what you thought about Kliman's theories on accumulation and the declining rate of profit generally if you want to have a proper discussion about this, or something tangible about non-mainstream economics which we can actually discuss, rather than uneducated personal slander.

Archived