Someone to take window out and put it back in?

Hey guys... we have a little problem... bought a sofa from one of these sofa places, had it delivered today and it will not fit as the useless sellers only told us to measure the door and did not care about anything else... so now in order to fit it in we need someone to pop out one of our living room windows and then pop it back in. It's one of old style windows so apparently easily done. But I haven't got a clue who am I searching for? A builder? If anybody knows, please let me know. And people who can do it please throw us a quote in personal message. Thanks.

When you say old window is that one that slides up, one with hinges or double glazed. I should imagine any joiner could do this for you. If it has hinges you just need to unscrew then. the old sash windows is more difficult as you need to remove some beading. Double glazing has plastic beading that pries out.

When you say old window is that one that slides up, one with hinges or double glazed. I should imagine any joiner could do this for you. If it has hinges you just need to unscrew then. the old sash windows is more difficult as you need to remove some beading. Double glazing has plastic beading that pries out.

Maybe you get a ghost fitter?

Yeah it is a double glazed window and no hinges at all. All in one piece. Main part of bay.

Hi,

I carry out handyman work for people and have removed and replaced sealed units

The window is double glazed but you have described it as 'old' but did you mean new?

Is it a upvc frame and if so are the glazing beads internal or external, and what area of Sheffield are you in?

I assume you want this sorting quickly as I can imagine you have no sofa! I can come and see you tomorrow morning or after work tomorrow to sort what is needed - as the central panel of a bay window can be a pretty heavy unit needing two people to move it safely

Let me know by pm, on 07716 021145 or 0114 2665107 or email stuarthandyman@gmail.com

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived