Is Tesco tanking?

Iceland frozen stuff on the whole is vile but its still better than Tescos rubbish

End of ;)

That conveniently takes Iceland and a sizeable portion of the majors' offerring out of the equation.

I am a self-confessed foodie, and whilst -in stereotypical terms- that should make me a Waitrose (and the like) man, Aldi is the one store that has consistently surprised me over the years.

E.g. wines - I have thought this for years, Aldi must pay their wine buyers extremely well, for these not to defect over to the majors. I'd sooner buy an 'unknown' wine (to try/test) from Aldi than anywhere else.

The life expectancy of their veg remains hopeless, however.

And Lidl. :)

I know people diss these shops as they are seen as 'budget'. But Lidl has started to stock some pretty good quality 'unbranded' stuff, do some decent homeware stuff now too. And of course all at prices that won't break the bank.

They need to stock more actual 'food' though, bread, vegetables etc.
QFT :thumbsup:

My local express is like something out of communist Russia.
Had to LOL @ that one :hihi:

I know people diss these shops as they are seen as 'budget'.
Let them - who cares?

I wonder if such people ever buy fresh produce from the likes of PAKS (R'ham), or if their snobbery goes beyond brand image, into much less socially-acceptable prejudices.

Can't beat chicken from that place. Looks water-inflated, considering the sheer size (and price) of the things. Yet, lo-and-behold, is 100% non-trifled-with fresh meat, fresher-than-minty-fresh, better-tasting than the free range stuff from our local butcher's - not to mention, cheaper than the cheapest discount frozen reconstituted rubbish! :huh::thumbsup:

You should probably learn to read you own posts.

"Waitrose, Morrisons, Iceland and Aldi - i think thats all we need. Something for everyone there. IMO!"

Not much point shopping there if you aren't prepared to eat the crap you buy.

No idea re comparison. I don't eat frozen food.

I can read, and without getting embroiled in your bitchfest, i will ask once more; where did i say I am prepared to eat anything from Iceland?

You have to now prove its you who can read, and i'm afraid you're failing sweetie :)

I can read, and without getting embroiled in your bitchfest, i will ask once more; where did i say I am prepared to eat anything from Iceland?

You have to now prove its you who can read, and i'm afraid you're failing sweetie :)

I think you should take time out and get a life. Just because you post a lot doesn't mean that you know what you are talking about.

Perhaps you should explain why you feel one of the few places that we need Iceland if as you now claim you wouldn't eat anything they sell. SWEETIE.

Archived