Evicted . Bailiffs , Riot Police Evict Occupy London

Unlike Sheffield, the church people at St Paul's 'regret the departure of Occupy, and thank them for raising issues and making people think.' (ITV lunchtime news)

Maybe London people are just more sophisticated and better informed than the average Sheffield Forumer...

No, they said 'We regret the camp had to be removed by bailiffs (link) which is quite different from what you said, but don't let accuracy hinder you, OSC supporters rarely do.

Perhaps that is because OLSX actually protested against banks rather than simply attacking a church and charity, illegally begging, stuffing themselves with free hot dogs, whinging and using the resulting publicity to attempt to flog their dodgy art?

No, they said 'We regret the camp had to be removed by bailiffs (link) which is quite different from what you said, but don't let accuracy hinder you, OSC supporters rarely do.

Perhaps that is because OLSX actually protested against banks rather than simply attacking a church and charity, illegally begging, stuffing themselves with free hot dogs, whinging and using the resulting publicity to attempt to flog their dodgy art?

Will you just answer me one question honestly?

Did you ever actually go down to occupy and talk to anyone, or read the literature outside the tents?

Will you just answer me one question honestly?

Did you ever actually go down to occupy and talk to anyone, or read the literature outside the tents?

I read the literature outside the tents several times, nobody approached me to speak to me. I didn't go in to the tents to seek out people and speak to them as when I passed by I had witnessed incidents of scuffles and drunk people around the camp who appeared to be associated with it.

As I was heavily pregnant during the time the camp was occupied I wasn't taking the risk of going into an enclosed area with strangers who I thought were dubious.

I read the literature outside the tents several times, nobody approached me to speak to me. I didn't go in to the tents to seek out people and speak to them as when I passed by I had witnessed incidents of scuffles and drunk people around the camp who appeared to be associated with it.

As I was heavily pregnant during the time the camp was occupied I wasn't taking the risk of going into an enclosed area with strangers who I thought were dubious.

You're a woman!

My apologies I'd assumed you were a man.

Not that it makes any difference, but isn't it funny how you assume things about people.

What did you think of what you read?

You're a woman!

My apologies I'd assumed you were a man.

Not that it makes any difference, but isn't it funny how you assume things about people.

What did you think of what you read?

It wasn't anything I hadn't read before and as it was only really engaging on a level of slogans and things that could be easily read as walking past and no further attempt was made to engage.

I have had to judge on the material OSC put out to publicise themselves with such as social media, their website and statements and they came across really, really, really badly via these mediums.

Why do you have the impression that the protesters would harm you and/or your unborn child?

Why do you have the impression that the protesters would harm you and/or your unborn child?

I didn't go in there for the same reason I wouldn't go in the Banker's Draft or some other pubs around Sheffield. I'd seen scuffling around the camp and people who were associated with it who appeared to be under the influence.

Bearing that in mind I didn't think it was a suitable location to go to when I was in a vulnerable condtion.

I didn't go in there for the same reason I wouldn't go in the Banker's Draft or some other pubs around Sheffield. I'd seen scuffling around the camp and people who were associated with it who appeared to be under the influence.

Bearing that in mind I didn't think it was a suitable location to go to when I was in a vulnerable condtion.

Fair enough. Our Occupy protesters are more the beard and sandals alternative type. They wouldn't usually harm a fly.

Archived