Job in Dubai - Should I take it or not?

I am in the lettings trade and have been offered a commission only job in Dubai starting in April.

The commission rate is 50% and on average there staff earning £50/60k per annum tax free. :love:

I have a fiance and a young son. They would not be able to join me until July though so it would mean three months on my own :(

Schools cost around £2k per quarter, food is about the price as the UK and petrol is about half as much. Booze is very expensive but I'm not a big drinker these days anyway.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I don't know what to do.

:help:

if they're paying for the flights and accom give it a try

if its commission only and you have to get your own flights and accom its a con.

No I haven't been, I have family that have been. Their laws and culture would not suit me and theres no way I would go there to live. I take it I am not allowed that opinion though?

Add to that a climate I would loathe and the fact that is seems to be essentially a desert and shopping malls I am very confident in my opinion.

Of course you are allowed your own opinion. Generally speaking most people come to that sort of conculsion once they have been and experienced it for themselves rather than going on heresay, but not everyone is open minded.

Of course you are allowed your own opinion. Generally speaking most people come to that sort of conculsion once they have been and experienced it for themselves rather than going on heresay, but not everyone is open minded.

ahh so you have to go somewhere before you can decide whether you want to go there! Thats a bit backward.

We aren't talking about me thinking their national dish sounds horrible here, there are some pretty fundamental culture clashes, particularly with regards to women, between our two cultures. I have heard that dubai is more progressive than many of the places nearby but thats not good enough to encourage me to visit. In fact I have never heard of anything that would make me want to go there even ignoring the culture clash. A desert, hotels, shopping YAWWN!

I want to go nearly everywhere during my life, dubai is one of the few places I would actively avoid. But then there are many people that would not have any interest in going to Hungary or Mongolia!

All I said was "what does your fiancee think?":roll:

You have heard this and heard that? How about experiences, what about when you hear good things about Dubai? Does that change your point of view?

I have never liked Beetroot. I have tried it and hate it. I would tell people this as I have tried it. Would my point be valid if I hadn't tried it. but saying it's not nice... no.

Your thinking is backgrounds, and not willing to try and understand different cultures. You just see fabric.

You have heard this and heard that? How about experiences, what about when you hear good things about Dubai? Does that change your point of view?

I have never liked Beetroot. I have tried it and hate it. I would tell people this as I have tried it. Would my point be valid if I hadn't tried it. but saying it's not nice... no.

You thinking is backgrounds, and not willing to try and understand different culture. You just see fabric.

Haven't heard any good things about dubai, my thinking isn't backwards its just not the same as yours clearly:hihi:

We aren't talking about beetroot here we are talking about a very expensive holiday to a place I am not interested in visiting-that would be crazy:loopy:

You claim I am allowed an opinion but it doesn't seem to be so does it! Would you want to go to mongolia?

Archived