Smoking ban has led to less smoking in the home, not more!!

Come on for crying out loud! Tobacco has been smoked for hundreds and thousands of years. Well before it was introduced to England.

So what has that got to do with smoking in England?

The mass production of tobacco which essentially caused the smoking culture we have now started around the time of the 1st World War.

By 1949 it was estimated that 81% of men and 39% of women smoked.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/broughttolife/themes/publichealth/smoking.aspx

Come on for crying out loud! Tobacco has been smoked for hundreds and thousands of years. Well before it was introduced to England.

Watch tribe with Bruce Parry.

Every tribe he visited smoked. Tobacco was the currency used by some of them.

I hear that painting one's self blue was popular at one time amongst uncivilized societies. It has more or less died out in the civilised parts of Europe and is now restricted to the more remote parts of Wales.

So what has that got to do with smoking in England?

The mass production of tobacco which essentially caused the smoking culture we have now started around the time of the 1st World War.

By 1949 it was estimated that 81% of men and 39% of women smoked.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/broughttolife/themes/publichealth/smoking.aspx

I said people have smoked for hundreds and thousands of years. Not people in England have smoked for hundreds and thousands of years.

People will still be smoking thousands of years from now. Some people like smoking, whether you do or not.

I said people have smoked for hundreds and thousands of years. Not people in England have smoked for hundreds and thousands of years.

People will still be smoking thousands of years from now. Some people like smoking, whether you do or not.

To the point where smokers will be seen in a similar light as drug addicts today?

The habit is on the wain, it will be less people in the future than it is now.

In the UK it will probably fall to very low numbers.

People should be able to smoke if they wish though.

To the point where smokers will be seen in a similar light as drug addicts today?

There are plenty of people today (more than for the past several decades) who think that the majority of drugs should be legalised since prohibition simply doesn't work.

There are plenty of people today (more than for the past several decades) who think that the majority of drugs should be legalised since prohibition simply doesn't work.

My point was that he habit will disappear to a point where it becomes only visible the fringes of society, similar to drug addicts today.

My point was that he habit will disappear to a point where it becomes only visible the fringes of society, similar to drug addicts today.

I don't think it will. And I don't think drug users are confined ro the fringes of society. I think you'll find drug users are more common than you think. The use of drugs is also on the increase.

Archived