Rebekah Brooks loaned police horse by Scotland Yard in 2008

purdy

While Brooks does appear to have a hell of a lot to answer to, I really think this is a non-story. Based on what I heard on the news this evening, she took in a retired police horse and stabled/exercised/medicated/fed it until an appropriate adopter was found. Thousands of people do this with dogs and horses up and down the country and it isn't seen as them benefiting from the arrangement, it's seen as them doing something charitable.

Dreadful woman in so many respects, but I can't see how this contributes to the evidence against her?

Dreadful woman in so many respects, but I can't see how this contributes to the evidence against her?

It self-evidently does not, but there are - and always have been - an alarming number of people who think that if someone is bad, then every single thing that they ever did in their entire lives is bad by extension.

I think it is just as well Rebekah Brooks didn't want to take up shooting, tasering, truncheoning or tear-gassing as a hobby....

Why so?

Disposing of old guns, tasers and truncheons doesn't cost the police an ongoing bill for upkeep, unlike horses. Consequently the police don't shuffle them off onto other people to save themselves some money - which they do with horses.

Para 40 of police officer Jacqui Hames's Leveson statement on surveillance:

"The News of the World has never supplied a coherent explanation for why we were placed under surveillance. Ill 2003, David, together with Dick Fedorcio and Colnmander Andre Baker, met Rebekah Brooks to discuss the matter.

"She (Brooks) repeated the unconvincing explanation that the News of the World believed we were having an affair.

She agreed to iook into Alex Marunchak’s associations with Rees and Fillery but to my knowledge nothing further was ever said about the subject, indeed Mr Marunchak was subsequently promoted.

"I believe that the real reason for the News of the World placing us under surveillance was that suspects in the Daniel Morgan murder inquiry were using their association with a powerful and well-resourced newspaper to try to intimidate us and so attempt to subvert the investigation."

Para 40 of police officer Jacqui Hames's Leveson statement on surveillance:

"The News of the World has never supplied a coherent explanation for why we were placed under surveillance. Ill 2003, David, together with Dick Fedorcio and Colnmander Andre Baker, met Rebekah Brooks to discuss the matter.

"She (Brooks) repeated the unconvincing explanation that the News of the World believed we were having an affair.

She agreed to iook into Alex Marunchak’s associations with Rees and Fillery but to my knowledge nothing further was ever said about the subject, indeed Mr Marunchak was subsequently promoted.

"I believe that the real reason for the News of the World placing us under surveillance was that suspects in the Daniel Morgan murder inquiry were using their association with a powerful and well-resourced newspaper to try to intimidate us and so attempt to subvert the investigation."

more needs to be said about this, not the horse nonsens. the officers involved are scum.

Archived