I'm annoyed - very annoyed with the bouncers at the Leadmill

breeza

Originally posted by Strongman

Originally posted by Taffi

''I think mistakes are mistakes but kicking a woman as shes being ejected is wrong.''

I hope this isnt directed at me!? !!! Ive certainly never kicked any woman.

This wasn't aimed at anyone. All I'm saying is to assault a woman is bad enough but to do it because shes being ejected is completely unacceptable

at the end of day door staff are human like anyone else, i doubt there's one person that has never lost their cool and raised their voice to someone else when they are pushed to their limits. admitidly violence is not the soloution to any problem but when a doorman is faced with violence then he must use a heavy hand to eject an individual from a venue, as in any proffesion there are a small number of individuals who may take things too far . as in a member of door staff who seeks retribution by giving a trouble maker a good kicking, which is totaly unacceptable. but the majority of doorstaff do a good job in difficult situations and are tarred by the few who do not, there seems to be a stigmatism towards them but the majority that i have worked with are nice blokes who enjoy a good laugh, and if their having a bad night sometimes can make an error in judgement but the don't exactly have time to mill over a situation. they just get the troble out of the way of the customers in a venue.

the thing that worries me most though is the lack of cctv in the leadmill as mentioned in an earlier post, surely with the new licencing laws it is compulsary to have a colour cctv system covering all areas of a venue.

Firstly I would like to state that I once got ejected from Leadmill, its a very long time back but I had no problems and understand that at the end of the day the bouncers are only doing their job... just like the police do their jobs....

When we get caught speeding etc etc most people slate them... but when something goes wrong they are the first people we call.

Its a strange society will live in these days.... and yet I know i dont post much but felt that petty threads like this are pointless.... still I suppose we can all read it and move on....

Leadmill Rocks...

Riz :)

although i sometimes agree in saying the bouncers there are w@*£^!s i have 2 disagree with a lot of cases.

Some girl randomly started on me for no reason (she was drunk) and they instantly through her out and they were also constantly checking that i was ok which really helped. SO i don't think they are all as bad as people make them out to be...i guess it depends which really.

xxx

I agree, the bouncers in leadmill are like thick dogs, I tried to split a fight up between a guy and a girl and next thing I know the bouncers are dragging me outside, I stayed calm and tried to talk to them but this little meaty bald guy kept spitting and snarling and kicking out at me, I just laughed and walked off, and thought about the poor girl in their probably gettin beat up cuz the bouncers kicked ME out, not the guy who was arguing with her. Another job well done lads.

PS - I don't aim this at ALL bouncers, just the lovely guys who dealt with me that night.

PPS. Arctic Monkeys - From the Ritz to the Rubble, a great song to accompany this thread.

Never mind the bouncers, what about their 'civilian apprentices'. One at Leadmill in particular springs to mind. He looked in his early twenties, tight t-shirt, sounded like a student on a power rush - you know the script, but a Leadmill employee. Not exactly much of a diplomat and comes across as a typical student on a power rush. Be aware of this guy - his cynicism coupled with the brute force of the bouncers make a very formidable Wall Of Logic outside the doors of Leadmill.

I liken that guy to The Mouth of Sauron from LOTR.

Only place I've ever had bouncer trouble in Sheffield is the Leadmill. Over the years I've been chucked out or refused entry for;

standing next to a guy smoking a reefer

being in the vicinity of a fight and having a bit of a laugh about it

getting flattened by Evan Dando from the Lemonheads after he leapt off the stage(???????????)

Trying to have a laugh with the queue nazis

Never been kicked out of another club ever. Hmmmm.....

I still go along if there's a gig I want to see, but they do nob me off.

I've flyered regularly outside just about every club in Sheffield and I have to say the bouncers at the Leadmill are absolute tossers. They've shouted filth at me, been abusive and been insulting *****. As a girl usually flyering on my own I hated them. I've seen them man-handle out so many people for absolutely no reason. (They especially seem to like throwing out guys who are already leaving) :rant:. They're why I've never been to Leadmill.

Don't get me wrong, I know flyerers can be annoying, but I've always known the limits, stood away from the entrance, been polite, done whatever the club wants... I even pick up dropped flyers 'cos I've paid for them!

Best doorstaff are at Zero - now Plug. They always make me feel safe, are polite & have a laugh but you wouldn't mess...

Originally posted by Ubiquitous

Never mind the bouncers, what about their 'civilian apprentices'. One at Leadmill in particular springs to mind. He looked in his early twenties, tight t-shirt, sounded like a student on a power rush - you know the script, but a Leadmill employee.

this post could easily say Flares instead of Leadmill,

thugs.

not really had a problem with doormen anywhere else.

main problem is with the clubs, serving till 5 past the hour and expecting drinks off at 2 minutes past and empty for 10 past. i realise that you lads like to get home as early as poss and i sympathise with you, but we drinkers like to finish what we pay for( including your wages lads). and going to the toilet before we get shunted onto the cold street into a free for all for that 1 taxi that doesn't pick up single women only is a must.

Archived