Sheds with beds, the third world has arrived.

just to clarify, has glamrocker been silenced by a quote from wikipedia of all places? I can go more in depth if needed.

"Simply put, it means that the authorities, including the courts, cannot compel a journalist to reveal the identity of an anonymous source for a story. The right is based on a recognition that without a strong guarantee of anonymity",

If you mean this ,I wouldnt think it would apply in this instance they dont have to reveal the source just the presence of the shanty buildings,if as reported the people are living in depravity surely morally they should report the conditions otherwise they are no better than the slime who are taking advantage of these people.

It hasn't happened overnight has it? I don't need any hard evidence to be suspicious.

If the planning departments concerned had been doing their jobs it would have been nipped in the bud. Ever heard of planning consents?

I see, local authorities and the UKBA have been understaffed and underfunded for years and are now in the process of further downsizing and you want to know why nothing is being done about the problem? Great!

I see, local authorities and the UKBA have been understaffed and underfunded for years and are now in the process of further downsizing and you want to know why nothing is being done about the problem? Great!

The UKBA has 23,500 employees. That would be plenty if it had good leadership. As for local authorities being understaffed, do me a favour.......

I didn't claim it, I said I smelt it.

Have you ever travelled in the Indian subcontinent? If so you will be familiar with baksheesh. It's a way of life there H.

I think you are dealing with a civil servant.

I suppose you could say it's punishment for entering illegally and destroying all documentation. Serves them right really. I imagine the £10,000 some of them paid to get over here would have been of much more value in India.

I would imagine it is a lot easier to sneak back into India illegally than it is to get into the UK.

Archived