Rotherham Magna Beer Festival 2012

Andy C

Normally people start asking so here is the info... the festival is on this week and opens in the evenings Wed-Fri then on Sat all afternoon/evening.

The festival features over 200 real ales, a massive selection of traditional ciders and perrys, wine, food, live music and more, all set in the former steel works that is now Magna Science Adventure Centre at Templeborough, near Tinsley.

If you are a CAMRA member you can get discount entry rates on the door. If not it is advisable to get an advance ticket either online or from a pub like the Rutland Arms or Kelham Island Tavern, tickets cost more on the door.

To get there, from Sheffield Interchange and Rotherham Interchange buses 69 and A1 pass Magna on the main road. 69 is operated by First until 9pm and Stagecoach after, bus A1 is TM Travel. Additionally a special Beer Festival shuttle bus (BF1) is running from Meadowhall Interchange and Rotherham Interchange -a flat fare of £2 single or return applies on this bus, normal tickets not valid. Timetables for 69, A1 and BF1 can be downloaded from http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com.

More information on the beer festival including the beer list, ticket prices and the rest can be found at http://www.magnarealale.co.uk.

Don't forget, its for charitee mate!

Do you know what a single fare is from Sheffield Interchange to Magna on the 69? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the First website.

couple of quid max, unfortunately they tend not to publish their fare stages for some impenetrable reason.

you could also get a shuttle bus from meadowhall interchange to there direct (£2), or just get off the tram at the stop before the final meadowhall one and walk to magna, which'd only be about ten minutes walking distance for most people

Do you know what a single fare is from Sheffield Interchange to Magna on the 69? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the First website.

Purely guess work based on mileage and experience on other routes but I would suggest £2.50 on journeys operated by First and £2.00 on journeys operated by Stagecoach.

If you are using other buses to connect into the 69 it may be worth buying a South Yorkshire Daytripper for £6, this is valid on any bus, train or tram in South Yorkshire (except the dedicated festival shuttle and special night buses).

So far this week I've used the festival shuttle to/from Meadowhall and connected with the tram (£3.70 for a Stagecoach tram & bus Dayrider plus £2 for the shuttle bus). Some people I know have used the train rather than the tram as its cheaper.

I also went last night, much much better than Sat nights, they are a waste of time, most of the beers sold out etc....

Fridays for me from now on.

I also had Jupiter! I shared it with a mate as I am not so brave, not the best taste in the world. Lost £2 on the tombola and re-newed my CAMRA membership, good night!

Archived