University tuition fees and Scottish Independence. Not sustainable

I presume the same would apply to free care for the elderly or even prescription charges.

I don't know if EU law would require them to provide the same free care for other EU citizens.

If you're just making the point that the same unaffordability would apply; you're right. An independent Scotland would have to make savage cuts in its spending budget.

I presume the same would apply to free care for the elderly or even prescription charges.

That already applies to residents of Scotland, whether they are Scottish, English or citizens of any other country.

I think the free care for the elderly is a bit of a misnomer. I'm no expert on it as it's not something I have ever had to be concerned with but I know someone whose parent had to go into a care home and the house had to be sold to pay for it. I think it is only certain elements of care that are free.

Archived